Director of Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FYI – For Your Information, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing and most successful woman-owned Federal contractors in the country. We have won awards for being a Great Place to Work and continue to make ground-breaking advancements. We focus on career development and promotion – people are the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you're in the right place!
FYI – For Your Information, Inc., is a Woman-Owned Small Business GSA schedule vendor that is a premier provider of Human Capital, Training, and Information Technology services.
FYI attributes this capacity to deliver quality services to many factors, including FYI's in-house recruiters, senior HR professionals, corporate administrative staff, and agile, committed management resources. FYI's focus on the national, regional, and local requirements of its customers, and a corporate organizational structure with sufficient depth of skills and authority to deploy and manage scalable teams allows FYI to be responsive to the real-time needs of our Federal clients.
FYI's Benefits/Incentives: What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to work remotely (per contract requirements).
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team.
- A diverse work atmosphere.
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing company and the next success story.
- Team building and innovation.
- A competitive base salary with a loaded benefits package plus 401K.
- Personal computer device allowance.
- Pet Insurance.
The Director of Information Technology will possess technical expertise and provide strategic leadership, vision, planning, and management to all areas of corporate IT. The Director will develop and oversee company-wide technology policies, procedures, services, and facilities. The Director will work collaboratively with the CIO and other leadership to develop effective strategies for integrating and advancing our technology.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager, leader, and mentor. The candidate must have the ability to develop and lead strategic and operational initiatives and will possess exceptional communication, collaboration, project management, and customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops overall technology roadmap and plans, formulates, sets, and implements policies for current and future information/communication/ telecommunications systems and activities.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Manages IT staff including recruitment, performance management and evaluations, and professional development.
- Prepares, submits, and manages operating and capital expenditures for the technology needed to support the organization's technology projects. Oversee's the purchase, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware, software, networks, telecommunication equipment on-premises, and the cloud environment.
- Collaborates with the Director of IS on development, staging, and production platforms.
- Collaborates with the Director of Cybersecurity on risk assessment, response, and remediation.
- Provides weekly updates and strategies on all projects to CIO and CEO.
- Perform reviews and updates, promote and ensure policy awareness, track exceptions, and perform testing/auditing/monitoring on policy compliance.
- Keeps abreast of new knowledge, research, products, and services in technology that will benefit the organization.
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant IT experience.
- Minimum 6 years of leading IT teams and operations.
- Prior experience in a hands-on technical role of systems, network, storage, and database administration.
- Strong experience in Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with VMware and NetApp is a plus.
- Implementation and project management of large-scale technology implementations.
- Determine skills of current staff align resources for best fit/future state, staff development/mentorship.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiations.
- Establishing and maintaining accountability and adaptability.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to write and present formal documentation.
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the workday.
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen.
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
FYI-For Your Information, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at FYI-For Your Information, Inc.