AWS DevOps Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FYI – For Your Information, Inc. is one of the fastest growing and most successful woman-owned Federal contractors in the country. We have won awards for being a Great Place to Work and continue to make ground-breaking advancements. We focus on career development and promotion – people are the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you're in the right place!
FYI – For Your Information, Inc., is a Woman-Owned Small Business GSA schedule vendor that is a premier provider of Human Capital, Training, and Information Technology services.
FYI attributes this capacity to deliver quality services to many factors, including FYI's in-house recruiters, senior HR professionals, corporate administrative staff, and agile, committed management resources. FYI's focus on the national, regional and local requirements of its customers, and a corporate organizational structure with sufficient depth of skills and authority to deploy and manage scalable teams, allows FYI to be responsive to the real-time needs of our Federal clients.
FYI's Benefits/Incentives: What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to work remotely (per contract requirements).
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team.
- A diverse work atmosphere.
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing company and the next success story.
- Team building and innovation.
- A competitive base salary with a loaded benefits package plus 401K.
- Personal computer device allowance.
- Pet Insurance.
We are actively searching for a AWS DevOps Engineer to support our on-going Federal Grants Management program. We manage a shared services platform (of over 1500 Federal Grant programs demonstrating a new model of how agencies and departments across the Federal Government work together to eliminate duplication of services leveraging cutting edge technology) -- that runs like a business (managed services) consisting of 10+ software products and a full spectrum of support and consulting services to help Federal Agencies maximize the value of their grant investments. GrantSolutions also supported over $60B in Covid grant awards last year and continues this year (CDC, ACF, HRSA, ACL, ASPR, HIS, OASH, ONC).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate
- Support containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, other technologies
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as appropriate
- Experience supporting Java applications on Tomcat
- Participate in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams
- Report issues to management & work to identify root cause of system related issues
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or related field preferred or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training, skills and abilities.
- 3 Years of job related experience deploying, maintaining and managing AWS Cloud infrastructures.
- Hands on experience with Terraform.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud (AWS) using EC2, S3, Code Pipeline, Code Commit, Code Deploy and other related services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
FYI-For Your Information, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at FYI-For Your Information, Inc.