Mechanical Engineer/Designer HVAC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
MECHANICAL ENGINEER/DESIGNER HVAC
FXB is a unique, mid-size MEP Engineering firm seeking quality individuals to bolster our production department. Our objective in offering this opportunity is to add depth to our mechanical team, increasing our ability to fulfill the needs of our current and expanding client base.
Significant growth opportunities are available for a competent, motivated individual.
Candidates for this position should have experience in the MEP engineering & design industry in the following markets: industrial, manufacturing, commercial office, mixed-use buildings, warehouse, food processing, hospitality, restaurant & retail. Experience in mission critical and pharmaceutical markets are a plus. CAD proficiency is required, Revit skills are considered highly beneficial, but are not a prerequisite.
Successful candidates will be well-rounded, disciplined individuals who regularly meet or exceed project goals and client expectations. Applicants must be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously while successfully coordinating information with other disciplines and meeting project deadlines. Candidates should be able to consistently demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to quickly overcome obstacles, while displaying acute attention to detail.
Mechanical Engineering & Design
Qualified candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the following skillsets, these include, but are not limited to:
- Significant knowledge of ICC Codes and industry standards
- Field surveys & information gathering
- Heat gain/loss building load calculations
- Equipment selection, design & specification
- Distribution systems design
- Specifications, reports and other technical editing/writing tasks
- RFI, submittals & shop drawing review
- Construction phase field inspections & punch list submission
- Client & AHJ communications
- Order-of-magnitude cost estimates
- High-level organization
- Multi-discipline coordination
- HVAC systems troubleshooting
Qualified candidates will have knowledge in designing/specifying equipment, standard controls, and associated distribution systems for the following HVAC categories:
- Packaged + split DX cooling systems
- VRF & DOAS systems
- Chilled water systems (air/water-cooled)
- Condenser water and geothermal heat rejection systems
- Hydronic hot water & steam heating systems
$$$ Compensation shall be commensurate with skills and relevant experience.
5 Christy DriveChadds Ford, PA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?