This is a commissioned flag rate position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Examine damaged vehicles
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders
- Remove damaged fenders, panels
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment
- Straighten bent automobile frames
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces
- Refinish repaired surface
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
- 2+ years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
- Valid driver's license
- ICAR certification is a plus