Project Management Lead, Active Secret DoD Security Clearance Required, Active DoD IAT Level II (Sec
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FWDthink is seeking a high-level IT Project Management Lead to provide planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives in support of the Air Force National Capital Region (AFNCR). Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. This position is full-time On-Site and will be located at either Joint-Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) or Joint-Base Andrews (JBA).
Shift Hours: Day-Shift; core support hours are 0600 -1800.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a projects team of 5 project managers
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and managing small, medium, and large projects.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
- Manage project teams that typically includes multiple vendors and work centers
- Create project management plans, set expectations and ensure the project plans are driven by organizational procedures
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain in scope. Monitors and tracks project dependencies
- Create a work breakdown structure that defines all activities required for the project deliverables
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Currently possesses one or more of the following: PMP, ITILv3
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
Get fresh Dod Security jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.