Senior Loan Operations Specialist
FVCBANK Fairfax, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Loan Operations Specialist-Job Description
Title: Senior Loan Operations Specialist
Department(s) Loan Operations / Fairfax, VA.
Reports to: SVP Loan Operations
Provide operational support to Loan Operations. Ensure all new loans and Change in Terms are booked timely and accurately, and provide general support to loan servicing/operations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Book all new commercial, consumer, real estate, and mortgage loans to the core system timely and in compliance with FDICIA requirements. Ensure critical codes and data such as product, purpose, call, risk rate, interest rate, rate index, floor, payment schedule and collateral are entered accurately. Loans settled and funded on the last business day of each month must be booked to the core system before the end of that business day
- Create related collateral and financial ticklers in Sageworks the day following new loan is booked to the core system
- Book all change in terms, new and preexisting to the core system timely and accurately
- Convert construction loans to stabilized, non-stabilized and held for sale categories, ensuring that all conversions are completed prior to end of month
- File UCC continuation and cancellation, and update the core system where necessary for ongoing monitoring
- Update the core system with insurance renewal received in the mail or from Lending Assistants and scan to loan file to the document imaging application M-Files
- Scan new loan files, loan maintenance documents and other loan documents to M-Files, the document imaging application
- Remove paid off loans from Tax and Flood service
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years of direct work experience in bank loan operations.
- 2 to 3 years knowledge and experience in commercial, real estate, and/or mortgage loans.
- Cross- trained in all loan operations processes preferable
- Strong knowledge of a bank core operating system, Microsoft Word and Excel, and adaptability to other software programs
- FIS Horizon experience helpful
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Ability to write and communicate in a concise, clear, courteous and professional manner
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
- Ability to converse and exchange information with customers and all levels of staff within the organization
- Ability to observe, perceive, and identify data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile, and/or bus
The position for which you are applying is one that would have access to cash, financial instruments, financial transactions or confidential customer financial information. The Bank has determined that personal financial responsibility is substantially related to preventing misuse of misappropriation of financial instruments or information which is essential function of the position for which you are applying. A consumer report and additional background reports are requested of all applicants on that basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply at www.fvcbank.com / Careers Tab
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at FVCBANK