HR Administrative Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
HR Administrative Assistant
SVP/Director of Human Resources
Provide assistance to the HR department with activities that include, but are not limited to, recruiting, onboarding newly hired employees, administration, and health benefits.
Summary of essential job functions
The HR Administrative Assistant contributes to the office staff by assisting when needed in general administrative tasks and other administrative/clerical duties as needed. Assists in hiring process by screening resumes, creating job postings for website, reference checks, ordering onboarding items for employees, assisting in organizing company events, and managing employee recognition. Ensures compliance with state and federal laws. This role is the perfect opportunity for an entry level HR professional to gain HR knowledge and experience. This position is fast paced with high volume. The successful candidate must be highly productive, detail oriented, organized, and have excellent time management skills. The HR Administrative Assistant is a self-starter and motivator, as they will have individual goals and accuracy requirements to meet.
- Maintains personnel files
- Assists with benefit administration.
- Assists with annual open enrollment activities and benefit information sessions.
- Assists with the annual performance review process.
- Assists with full cycle recruitment process.
- Assists with training administration.
- Assists in special events to include but not limited to: Holiday Party, Employee Engagement Events, Summer Employee Picnic.
- Updates HR database with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Updates HR SOPs as needed
- Schedules meetings as requested by SVP/Director of HR including but not limited to: Interviews, Follow-up Interviews, and General meetings.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents, and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files in a timely manner.
- Updates staff lists including the FVCbank phone directory.
- Handles employee acknowledgement processes for the bank
- Assists HR Director and HR staff with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma
1 – 2 years office/clerical experience
Strong computer skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and similar software
Customer focus, both internal and external
Strong work ethic, dependable
Ability to maintain confidential information
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong listening skills
Strong and effective planning and organizational skills
Excellent customer service skills: in person, phone and virtual
Functions well as a member of a team
Ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, industry peers, and customers
Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
Previous Human Resources experience preferred
College degree a plus
Strong computer skills with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs
Professional and effective interpersonal skills
Prior bank experience
Strong work ethic
Operates with Integrity
Focused and able to complete tasks in designated time frame
Ability to sit, stand, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
Must be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
Ability to converse and exchange information with customers and all levels of staff within the organization
Ability to observe, perceive, and identify data
Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile, and/or bus
The position for which you are applying is one that would have access to cash, financial instruments, health information financial transactions or confidential employee and customer financial information. The Bank has determined that personal financial responsibility is substantially related to preventing misuse of misappropriation of financial instruments or information which is essential function of the position for which you are applying. A consumer report and additional background reports are requested of all applicants on that basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply at www.fvcbank.com / Careers Tab
BusinessView all jobs at FVCBANK