FULLER THEOLOGICAL Pasadena, CA
- Posted: 29 days ago
Department: Student Financial Services, Student Accounts
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: On-Site, Pasadena Campus
Position Type: Non-Exempt, Hourly
FT/PT/TEMP: Full Time
Manager: Director of Student Financial Services
Description of Position
Reporting to the Director of Student Financial Services, the Bursar position is responsible for
assisting in the management of student accounts and payments, with limited supervision. The
Bursar provides information to students and staff with regard to tuition and fee structure, student
account activity, financial aid resources, billing and receivables, petty cash, and payments. The
Bursar is considered a custodian of institutional funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Oversees the application of billing and receivables, and cashiering functions.
● Performs reconciliation of student account activity and investigates errors and makes
● Maintain billing in the student A/R system to assure all revenue and expenses are
reflected appropriately in the general ledger.
● Manages daily, monthly, and annual reports throughout multiple payment platforms.
● Ensures compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulations and standard
● Encourages customer-oriented staff interaction with students, staff, and external
customers multiple communication venues
● Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides
information and access to accounting records as required
● Manages collection activity and financial appeals
● Participates in the development of Fuller’s practices and procedures relating to tuition
due dates, refunds, student billings and collections. Works with various internal (ex.
Financial Aid, Registrar, OFA) and external entities in the development of these
procedures and on a daily basis to ensure accuracy of student activity.
● Actively participates with other departments in developing best practices for student
success as it relates to financial matters.
● Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
General responsibilities as member of GRAMAR
● Partners with other members of GRAMAR team as needed and assigned to reach
shared enrollment goals by delivering the highest level of service while creating the
strongest sense of belonging to every student and learner at Fuller.
Minimum Job Requirements
● Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and
● Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum
education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
● Skills in fiscal management.
● Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures, and
● Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and
● Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of
clientele and/or media sources.
● Ability to write reports containing technical information.
● Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
● Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons,
impacts, and/or projections.
● Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate
and work effectively within a diverse community.
● Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
● Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex recordkeeping systems and
● Employee development and performance management skills.
● Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
Must be willing to abide by Fuller Community Standards
This is an on-site position and is located on the Pasadena campus
Fuller Theological Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. To the extent required by law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. As a religious institution, Fuller Theological Seminary is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees for certain positions on the basis of religion.
EducationView all jobs at FULLER THEOLOGICAL