2020 is a remarkable year for growth at FTL Labs. We have been awarded several Phase I & II SBIR programs that build on our expertise in several areas, including our innovative applications of convolutional neural nets. We are seeking a full-time Lead Technology Products R&D Scientist and/or Engineer with broad science and engineering skills and innovative thinking who works well in a team setting. If you are a creative self-starter, technically innovative, and have excellent writing skills, we are looking for you.
Skills that would be advantageous include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and interest in multidisciplinary science including physics, chemistry, and life sciences
- Interested in developing a business area by writing proposals and reaching out to potential customers
- Electromechanical system design, assembly, and testing
- Lead a team of engineers in R&D projects
- Custom PCB board development
- Laser and optical system design
- Mechanical design and fabrication
- System prototyping and testing
- Laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and microscopes
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Fun and easy to work with in a dynamic team
Ph. D, Master’s or Bachelor's degree candidates in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience will be considered.
FTL Labs is located in the vibrant intellectual community of western Massachusetts, close to the University of Massachusetts flagship campus and Amherst College. Pay is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including excellent health and dental coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, profit-sharing, and 401k with employer contribution. During the public health emergency all FTL employees are telecommuting, with limited access to the labs as needed. We look forward to returning to our office in Amherst when we can ensure it will not endanger the health or safety of our staff.
Please email your resume and 3 references (at least 2 professional contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Machine learning, neural nets, and artificial intelligence
- Prototype and product design/engineering
- Electronics interfacing
- Expertise in optics, fuels, ultrasound, acoustics, robotics, and life sciences
- Big data analysis, virtual and augmented reality
- Custom software solutions