We’re excited to announce that one of the fastest growing marketing and promotional sales companies in the D.C. area is looking for an Entry Level Sports Marketing Assistant to join their full-time team!
Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of strategic marketing plans for Fortune 500 clientele, the Entry Level Sports Marketing & Sales Assistant will play an integral role in supporting brand management and revenue generation activities for our clients’ accounts by providing measurable, branded, targeted and segmented, consumer driven marketing programs with the goal of increasing client market share.
This sales and marketing communications position requires an in-depth understanding of our client's portfolio, their competitive environments, multi-channel communications, and best practices in the area of brand development, advertising, direct response and relationship marketing, consumer promotion and analytic. Participating in direct sales activities with the general public in order to assist in the development of client brand awareness and increased market share throughout the D.C. area will be a role requirement.
Day to Day Responsibilities of the Entry level Sports Marketing Assistant:
- Execute overall strategic marketing & sales direction for clients including all advertising, customer relationship marketing, public relations, promotions, and sponsorship.
- Coordinate research, reporting and analysis to guide future market planning.
- Create campaign calendars, analyses and other reporting tools that will provide meaningful insight and measurable results on campaigns.
- Develop and execute marketing & direct sales programs to support account needs and ensure success of each marketing campaign. Business to Business (B2B) sales will play a significant part in sales activities executed.
- Assist in achieving department goals through cohesive and efficient marketing support as needed.
- Identify and execute partnership opportunities that bring in new customers/accounts
- Provide optimal client service / account services support
- Oversee all marketing & advertising budgets; including appropriate budget reviews and verifying all invoices received are accurate.
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or sports industry is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field is recommended but not required. Our client is willing to train the right candidate from the ground up.
- Strong leadership qualities and sound judgment with effective decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.