Probation Officer - Misdemeanor Case Officer No Nights No Weekends
- Expired: December 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Start a job - Spark a Career.
Position Title: Misdemeanor Case Officer
Reports To: CCI Director
Department: CCI Misdemeanor Probation Program
Job Summary: Responsible for the day to day supervision of offenders assigned to the Correctional Counseling Institute (CCI) Misdemeanor Probation Program and the supervision of records and files for offenders assigned to the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and controls client files and court records for assigned cases. Supervises a case-load of court sentenced probationers based on CCI policy and procedure. Case load numbers between 200-225.
- Accepts referrals from the courts for probation supervision and other classes and services with CCI. Performs job duties with a level of professionalism, courtesy and respect that is required in a customer service based position. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all court personnel.
- Discuss the conduct of CCI offenders and make recommendations for the disposition of their case when they appear on the court docket with the Judge, Prosecutor and Defense Counsel.
- Insures that all case files are taken to the court for review by appropriate officials.
- Supervise and monitor client payments to the courts to ensure prompt and timely payments.
- Resource clients into treatment or other needed resources as the case officer deems necessary, court ordered, or requested by a client.
- Ensure all court orders are strictly adhered to and prepare warrants and other pertinent legal documentation related to the individual client cases as necessary and within prescribed policy.
- Holds clients accountable to their probation obligations and requirements including payments of probation fees, court costs, class attendance, regular scheduled office visits, and drug screening.
- Must possess an ability to stay organized, and follow policy prescribed methods for case management tracking and accountability. Must also have good time management skills and ensure all client actions are taken within the appropriate and necessary amount of time.
- Meets or exceeds all work performance measures including (but not limited to): maintains a $34 quarterly collection rate, has a see rate of minimum 75%, performs policy prescribed amounts of drug screening per client, reports to work on time and works his/her prescribed work schedule accordingly and does not have excessive absenteeism.
- Participates in staff meetings, conferences and trainings as directed by management.
- Submits to periodic and random drug/alcohol screens. Abides by Agency Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures and Agency Handbook.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not inclusive. Employee is responsible for other duties as assigned from appropriate management personnel. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
Experience and Education: Graduate from an accredited university or college with a B.A., B.S. or equivalent with at least two years experience in human services or the criminal justice system. Extensive experience may be substituted for the required education.
- Communication - clear and concise
- Decision Making
- Relationship building
We offer excellent benefits for our full-time team members including: Competitive salary; Healthcare -medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (health insurance as low as $23.60 per pay period); Generous Paid-Time-Off; 13 Paid Holidays; State Pension Plan (TCRS); Flexible Spending Account; Paid training & continuing education benefits; Opportunity for advancement and much more...
First Tennessee Human Resource Agency (FTHRA) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic(s) protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities (EOE M/F/V/D/DFWP)
Safety Sensitive Position.All applicants are drug screened upon being made a contingent offer of employment. All employees are subject to random drug screens.
Applications accepted at FTHRA.Org or at application kiosk located at FTHRA Corporate Office, 704 Rolling Hills Drive, J.C., TN 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F, DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled. "Equal Opportunity Employer.".
NOTE: We cannot accept resumes that are unaccompanied by a fully completed FTHRA application.
NOTICE This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online system, please send an email detailing the issues you are having to so we can inform our provider and the problem can be quickly resolved.FTHRA Online Application Submission Issues Please do not submit your resume or application via email, it will not be accepted as a valid application.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
GovernmentView all jobs at FTHRA
Get fresh Case Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.