Education Technology Specialist
FSU College of Medicine Fort Pierce, FL
- Expired: October 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Education Technology Specialist
College of Medicine Ft. Pierce Regional Medical School Campus - https://med.fsu.edu/ftpierce/home
As a community-based medical school, the Florida State University College of Medicine provides third- and fourth-year clinical training at regional medical school campuses around the state through affiliations with local physicians, ambulatory care facilities and hospitals.
At the Regional Medical School Campus - Ft. Pierce, clerkship directors from the Treasure Coast area direct the students' rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, psychiatry, geriatrics and emergency medicine. Additional community physicians serve as clerkship faculty in these and other clinical areas. The regional campus is located on the Indian River State College main campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
Works independently and with a team to support local and remote staff, faculty, and students troubleshooting software and hardware issues, instructing end-users on the use common business medical, education, communications, and reference software, supporting classroom technology, proctoring exams, and video conferencing equipment, as well as mobile devices.
Leverage experience toward identifying, planning, coordinating and implementing information technology resources with the goal of enhancing the curriculum, complex technology systems issues or the functioning of current systems locally and globally. Provides consultation and technical advice to departments, faculty, staff, and students in pursuit of solutions through information technology.
Assists with group and individual training related to the installation and use of college purchased software and informatics resources. Provides direct technology support for weekly classroom instruction, faculty development sessions, and individualized faculty instruction. Provides end user support for database applications and required reporting, builds and/or accesses reports, and is responsible for web page content maintenance.
Performs basic network monitoring and troubleshooting. Utilizes the Active Directory and other tracking systems to maintain accurate, functional accounts for users and equipment. Installs operating systems and assures connectivity with main campus. Performs other network-related hardware and software maintenance as required.
Participates in special projects or assignments contributing to the mission of the Regional Campus, such as, but not limited to, coordinating building security with external services.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other appropriate degree and four years experience; or a high school diploma/equivalent and experience equal to eight years. (Note: appropriate post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience demonstrating effective customer service skills.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience conveying technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Experience documenting existing and new processes.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include the ability to move 50 lbs without assistive equipment and work in close spaces.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of applicable computer software and operating systems to include business-oriented software on Windows-based operating systems to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Knowledge of computer operations, functions, and related peripherals to include the ability to troubleshoot, repair and train users on personal computers and audio-visual equipment.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the network and data field.
- Knowledge of information technology security measures.
- Knowledge of the processes involved with inventory management and control.
- Knowledge of computer assisted graphics and associated peripheral and related equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
This position is located in Ft. Pierce
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Applications to be reviewed as received by the hiring department.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
FSU College of Medicine
AddressFort Pierce, FL
EducationView all jobs at FSU College of Medicine