Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in Pasadena, California.
The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor provide vocational rehabilitation services to individuals disabled under the FECA in order to facilitate their employment and/or reemployment and determination of the employee's wage-earning capacity. This position will support the region supported by the Pasadena office.
Vocational Rehabilitation CounselorJob Overview:
- Provide vocational rehabilitation services, including but not limited to:
- Vocational counseling and guidance
- Vocational assessments, i.e. vocational testing, work evaluations, situational assessments, etc.
- Medical rehabilitation to include (but not limited to) scheduling functional capacity evaluations, work hardening and similar inpatient/outpatient programs
- Job analyses as requested by the Government based on the needs of the assigned case
- Transferrable skills analysis
- Placement, previous employer services
- Vocational exploration and labor market surveys
- Plan development that may include: job seeking skills training; direct job placement; identification of qualification for any special Federal hiring authorities; and on-the-job training or formal training (short-term, refresher, or retraining)
- Job readiness development
- Job placement services (facilitated and/or supervised by the RC)
- Specialized ergonomic and job, vehicle and home modification services
- Life care planning services in catastrophic cases
- Services related to specialized vocational rehabilitation needs and DFEC specialized or pilot projects
- Communicating promptly to the Government all case milestones/activities that require action (i.e. return to work, work stoppage, recurrence of symptoms, unrelated medical issues, instances of non-cooperation, etc.)
Vocational Rehabilitation CounselorJob Qualifications:
- 2 years of vocational rehabilitation counseling/placement experience
- Certification by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- A valid unrestricted Rehabilitation Counselor/Professional Counselor/General Counselor license
- Professional Certification: Vocational Evaluation (CVE/PVE); Work Adjustment (CWA); Career Assessment Associate (CCAA), (CDMS) Certified Disability Management Specialist or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Recent prior experience with the DFEC vocational rehabilitation program (within the last 5 years, with good performance and no disciplinary actions)
Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Anticipated late Spring commencement. Come join our team!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is anEqual Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.