Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Educator
- Posted: over a month ago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Educator job in Portsmouth, Virginia.
- Veterans and Military Spouses Encouraged to Apply
- Civilian position at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Any U.S. state licensure
- Monday - Friday days only
- Health and Welfare fringe benefits
- 401(k) available
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- LTD, STD, and medical, dental, life, and vision options available
Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Educator Job Overview:.
- Perform primarily clinical duties.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and wellness by educating patients about behaviors that can prevent or mitigate disease, injuries, and other health problems.
- Ensure participants' continue through the TPS pathway smoothly, including guiding participants through scheduling appointments with specialists.
- Administer consent to participate Health-related Quality of Life (HRQOL), MHP Population Health Lifestyle Questions, HIPAA disclosure and graduation survey.
- Provide printed handouts and health/wellness educational materials.
- Meet with the participant initially to develop individualized plan of care and regularly to ensure goal progressions.
- Make recommendations for provider referrals, community resources, and HPW command programs.
- Enter information into AHLTA and Carepoint, as appropriate located within the Population Health Department.
- Provide initial Health Promotion and Wellness (HPW) resources and guidance based on the care plan and goals.
- Establish a coaching partnership to help the participant attain those health goals.
- Ensure that every effort is made to have face to face meetings with the participant of TPS program, at the 30, 60, and 90 day periods.
- Ensure that every effort is made to have face to face meetings with active duty participant of FEP program, at every biweekly visit.
- Refer to other support services such as, Clinical Pharmacist, Nutrition, and provide enrollment guidance to services such as, ShipShape, and Diabetes Self-Management Education, etc.
- Monitor the participant's healthcare utilization, and self-management activities at 60 day post-graduation period.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Educator Job Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Promotion, Education, Community/Public Health or Wellness, or a Health Science related field from an accredited university
- 1 year of full-time experience as a health educator within the last 5 years working with Health Promotions and Wellness campaigns aligned with the US Surgeon General's National Prevention Strategy.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing AND
- 3 years of full-time experience as a health educator within the last 5 years working with Health Promotions and Wellness campaigns aligned with the US Surgeon General's National Prevention Strategy.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) or ARC Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or AHA or ARC Healthcare Provider Course
- Graduate of a state accredited professional nursing program OR a program accredited by ACEN or CCNE
- RN Licensure: active, current, unrestricted. Any US state.
Come join our civilian healthcare team at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth!
YouTube video by Naval Med Center Portsmouth.
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
FSR (Federal Staffing Resources)
HealthcareView all jobs at FSR (Federal Staffing Resources)