Perfusionist - PRN
FSR (Federal Staffing Resources) San Antonio, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Per Diem
- Civilian position at San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC)
- Support cardiology staff
- About 5 shifts per quarter.
Perfusionist Job Overview:
- Provide perfusion expertise for adult cardiopulmonarybypass.
- Prepare and assemble the heart-lung machine, intra-aortic balloon pumps and otherrelated extracorporeal apparatus with the appropriate modifications and adaptations
- Work in close professional support with thecardio-vascular team.
- Maintain and operate the extracorporeal circulation apparatus (heart-lung machine),provide oxygenated blood, anesthetics, blood chemical and base equilibrium.
- Follow the rigid surgical aseptic techniques required to institute and maintain total bodyperfusion of the patient during open-heart surgery using extra-corporeal circulation.
- Control the technical operation and coordinate the maneuvers by which extra-corporealcirculation is instituted, sustained, and discontinued so that the heart and lungs resumenormal function.
- Induce hypothermia when prescribed by the surgeon.
- Operate the cardioplegia delivery system for infusion of cardioplegia to the coronaries formyocardial preservation.
- Initiate, operate, and monitor the membrane respiratory or cardiac assist device forcritically ill patients.
- Operate intra-aortic balloon assist devices when necessary
- Normal work hours will be Monday-Friday days
- On-Call and Call Back are required
Perfusionist Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate from an accrediated cardiovascular perfusion program approved by the ABCP
- Certified by the ABCP
- 3 years experience within the last 4 years in a role which maintains skills and knowledge as a Perfusionist
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government facilities supporting active duty military service members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned, minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an award-winning organization serving the federal government nationwide and around the globe.
We invite you to join our team!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is anEqual Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.