Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - Referral Management Center job in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Days Only
- Full-time hours
- Holidays off (and paid)
- Paid Time Off
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
The position is a civilian position at Barksdale Air Force Base. Civilian and military healthcare providers work together to provide a full range of services to the military community.
The Referral Management Center (RMC)servesasthecentralclearinghousefor providers and patients needing information orhelpwith referrals. Referral Managementis a critical programsupportingthepatient-centeredmission.
- Review initial specialty care and deferred to network primary care referrals for administrative completeness
- Coordinate with specialty referral clinics.
- Submit referrals to the appropriate reviewer when required for medical necessity and appropriateness review.
- Track initial specialty care and deferred to Network primary care referrals to include obtaining reports from MTF, ODCS, network, and non-network providers.
- Provides patient education regarding specialty care referral, procedures, labs, etc to prepare the patient for their specialty care appointment/procedure.
- Facilitates professional and patient care activities.
- Conducts first level reviews for all referrals to specialty care.
- Identifies cases that may benefit from alternative levels of care and involves the case manager as needed to provide direction in care management/coordination.
- Provides nursing consultation and patient education on specialty care and patient's diagnosis.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - RMC Job Qualifications:
- Graduate from a NLNAC or CCNE accrediated program
- LVN License: any U.S. state honored. active, unrestricted.
- 2 years of healthcare administrative experience in either an inpatient or outpatient care setting within the last 3 years, highly preferred
- TRICARE - working knowledge
- Knowledge and skills to interpret and apply medical care criteria, such as InterQual or Milliman Ambulatory Care Guidelines.
- Working knowledge of APGs, DRGs, ICD-9, andCPT-4 coding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers (Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Windows)
- HIPAA knowledge
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is anEqual Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.