FS Staffing Bloomfield, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $48,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, dental
Job Purpose: The Human Resource Generalist will act as the primary support entity for the Human Resource Manager and the Human Resource Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support in the following areas:
- Advise and make recommendations to Distribution Center management on all areas of human resources
- Work closely with the DC Manager and assist on employee and temp staffing
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities; and working any shift and weekends
- Coordinate performance management program by ensuring performance expectations are being set and policy guidelines are being met, conducted effectively and on a timely manner
- Facilitate effective and timely communication between all levels of employees
- Work closely with the temporary agencies Onsites to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Serve as a backup in the processing of payroll and employee benefits
- Investigate and respond to employee complaints and EEOC charges
- Implement and apply company policies and procedures
- Monitor Distribution Center environment and notify management of issues/concerns
- Completion and submission of all unemployment information to the state in a timely manner. Representation of the Company when appropriate at all unemployment hearings and tribunals
- Professional support of the safety programs implemented by the Safety General Manager and administrative support of all Workman’s
- Serve as a resource to employees for answering general benefit questions. Assist with open enrollment process
- Track compliance of new hires/pay ranges
- Supervision of the daily activities of the HR staff
- Ensure all I-9 forms are completed and accurate - Maintain Distribution Center organization charts
- Prepare, recommend and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data changes of status
- Stay current on recent federal, state and local employment law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Administer exit interviews, monitor findings, recommend changes and evaluate effectiveness
- Implement, oversee and monitor the effectiveness of distribution center training initiatives. Conduct training sessions on various HR topics if
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Ability to travel
- Provide advice and counsel on personnel issues. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of employee issues and conflicts in a timely
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of previous hands-on HR generalist and Supervisor experience required. This includes recruitment (direct hire and temps), benefits administration, payroll administration, employee/labor relations and safety/worker's compensation preferably within a
- A combination of excellent communication, writing, and software skills (with a high proficiency in EXCEL) is also required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred with the ability to read, write, and speak both languages at the college level
- Strong computer skills required; excellent with Excel and all Microsoft Automation
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of DC operations
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 10lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of
temperatures; walking all areas of warehouse.
Call 860 216-9146
Job Type: Full-time
FS is the driving force and parent company to six subsidiary brands that focus on recruiting, attracting and hiring top talent for an impressive array of Nationally recognized companies throughout the US.
Our mission is to provide our associates and clientele with the highest level customer service experience possible. Our philosophy and dedication to excellence has allowed us to build and retain long-lasting business partnerships.
Visit us on line or call to learn more about becoming an Associate or Client partner today!
FS StaffingWhy Work Here?
Amazing culture, growth potential and amazing compensation with benefits!!!
FS Staffing is a fast growing Staffing and Human Resources Solutions provider with a presence throughout the West Coast, the North East and the Mid-West down to Texas. FS is the driving force and parent company to six subsidiary brands that focus on recruiting, attracting and hiring top talent for an impressive array of Nationally recognized companies throughout the US. Our mission is to provide our associates and clientele with the highest level customer service experience possible. Our philosophy and dedication to excellence has allowed us to build and retain long-lasting business partnerships. Visit us on line or call to learn more about becoming an Associate or Client partner today!
BusinessView all jobs at FS Staffing