- Posted: 20 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
SUMMARY: The Objective of a Supervisor is to supervise employees engaged in such activities as assembly, machining, shell processing, injection molding, finishing, and foundry leading to the production of Company products. Organizes, creates plans, and schedules work of assigned employees in accordance with planning documents. Staffs and trains employees in order to meet or exceed the areas (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity) area metrics. Works with Leads, Planning, Engineering, Production Control, and Quality Engineering functions to ensure that Company products meet delivery schedules and conform to standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the training and supervision of employee’s engagement in production activities such as assembly, machining, shell processing, injection molding, finishing, and foundry, as may be assigned.
· Responsible for the developing and execution of schedules to meet requirements and delivery targets established in planning documents.
· Responsible for the training and documentation (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity) of all area employees in a timely manner.
· Assist in selection, hires, and motivates employees to meet requirements and conducts performance reviews.
· Responsible for the coordination of schedules and plans with other company functions to provide for efficient workflow.
· Works with Quality Engineering, Engineering, and Production Control to resolve operating problems (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity).
· Responsible for the development of Standard Work and Continuous Improvement activities of the area in order to meet or exceed the areas (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity) area metrics.
· Responsible for the area Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost visual controls and assuring that are up to date.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of cross training plans.
· Directly supervises multiple employees within the Wax, Shell, Foundry, Finishing department(s).
· Indirectly supervises multiple employees within the support department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Computer skills required: Accounting Software; Contract Management Systems; Human Resource Systems; Inventory Software; Microsoft Office Suite; Payroll Systems; Project Management Software)
· Other skills required:
o 1 to 2 years production experience
o Must have in-depth knowledge of production activities to which assigned.
o Must have in-depth knowledge of the planning procedures.
o Must have the ability to motivate, lead, communicate and maintain working relationships with employees and other Company functions.
o Must be able to organize and plan work and train employees in effective techniques.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision
A global leader in the rapidly growing aerospace and defense industries, FS Precision Tech. is seeking outstanding talents who want to grow with us. We work on a daily basis with companies like LockHeed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, AirBus, and many others.
If you would like to be part of something real submit your resume to Human Resources.
FS Precision Tech
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?