Prior to assembling any piece of equipment, fabricators must read and fully comprehend assembly instructions, such as blueprints and sketches. They must then go over the list of parts to be assembled, ensuring that each is accounted for. Based on specifications, fabricators assemble the equipment, taking measurements, re-positioning parts and making sure each part is properly fitted and secured. In addition to assembling the equipment, fabricators identify any errors or malfunctions. When such inefficiencies are identified, fabricators make repairs and troubleshoot to the best of their ability. This may require the use of additional tools as well as ordering replacement parts and other supplies. Under limited supervision and following established hydraulic, and mechanical trade practices, repairs, installs, adjusts and maintains machines, mechanical motorized equipment and the structure of the establishment in repair. Maintains library of technical and manufacturers manuals for use as a reference in maintenance work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are exemplary essential job duties and responsibilities and are not intended to represent an all-inclusive listing of related essential functions of the position
PERFORM DEPARTMENT DUTIES IN A TIMELY AND EFFICIENT MANNER:
1) Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for buildings and bridges according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints: Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
2) Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
3) Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
4) Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
5) Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
6) May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
7) May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
8) Analyzes test results, machine error messages and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
9) Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment systems in orer to diagnose malfunctions using mechanical and electrical testing devices.
10) Lays out complex electrical installation (design of control panels, running conduit wire, trouble shoot and termination).
11) Performs routine maintenance of machinery which involves changing parts and lubrication of machinery.
12) Disassembles mechanical and electrical equipment and repairs or replaces the necessary parts to meet established maintenance requirements.
13) Operates newly repaired machinery and electrical equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
14) Reassembles equipment after completion of inspections, tests, or repairs.
15) Operates newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
16) Adheres to the preventative maintenance program.
17) Works with the engineering team in order to improve overall manufacturing efficiency.
18) Records repairs and maintenance performed.
OTHER WORK AS REQUIRED/REQUESTED
May be assigned other work tasks that are generally within the scope and level of the position, and relative to the need for flexible Company operations.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum: High School Diploma
Preferred: Technical training in courses and programs sponsored by manufacturers of machines, electrical systems and parts, and general equipment.
5 or more years experience as a journeyman in the fabrication, hydraulic, and mechanical trades.
10 or more years experience as a journeyman in mechanical, hydraulic, and mechanical trades. 5 or more years experience in the installation, set-up, programming and maintenance of robotic systems.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Must have knowledge of Allen Bradley SLC 500-PLC (if computer literate, will consider training).
· Must be able to work with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), installing and troubleshooting.
· Must have knowledge of OSHA, Fire Department, and local sanitation rules and regulations.
· Must possess strong planning and organization skills, be motivated, and a self-starter.