Manager of Global Events
- Expired: August 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), is a 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity, the only global cyber intelligence sharing community solely focused on financial services. FS-ISAC hosts four physical multi-day conferences (Summits) globally, ranging in size from 400 - 1600 attendees; along with virtual events, monthly member meetings, council meetings, webinars and other events as needed.
We're looking for someone to join our team to help lead and be part of copious aspects of event planning and execution. After over two years of being virtual, members are begging for more in-person activities, and we want to do more for them! You will be part of a critical function in keeping the financial services industry running smoothly.
The Manager of Global Events position will report directly to the Senior Director of Meetings and Events and will manage logistical support and overall coordination of FS-ISAC's global virtual and physical events. This position will focus on leading the management of our global events while supporting all other events. This position requires a self-directed individual who can work independently but is collaborative, organized, excels in managing multiple projects simultaneously, can multi-task, and has strong attention to detail. This person must have prior experience in managing events outside of North America. Ability to think and react quickly in a high-pressure environment needed. Experience with MS Office applications including OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
This position requires the ability to work from home (which must be in a home location and not in a public setting, with reliable internet access). The position requires the ability to work occasional nights/weekends to setup events. Travel is required to attend in-person events and occasional team meetings.
• Own, lead and support all functions of production and planning of virtual and physical conferences, webinars, and other events with a focus on global events.
• Timeline management
• Budget creation and tracking with direction from finance and sponsorship development teams
• Lead interactions with affiliates/sponsors in their participation at events
• Organize and manage speaker content and overall agenda
• Coordinate event staffing and training
• Develop and manage event venue logistics including, but not limited to, food and beverage, drayage, audio visual, transportation and other event specifics
• Manage relationships, tasks, and timelines with third party event providers, as well as onboarding new suppliers
• Participate in team activities, such as event material creation and executing project plans
• Document and continuously improve procedures for all events while using best practices and processes
• Create and analyze pre/post event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Manage site visits, take part in the decision-making and recommendation process
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Global Event Experience - Experience managing global events outside of North America
• Concurrent Project Management - Successfully manage multiple events simultaneously and be able to juggle
• Time Management - Must be able to manage personal time and budget time to tasks appropriately
• Communicator (both written and oral) - Clearly and effectively communicates with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experience. Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
• Leader - Comfortable taking on leadership roles but knows when to follow
• Quick Learner - Ability to learn new skills quickly and implement them in day-to-day work
• Self Starter - Initiates tasks and problem solving without consistent instruction
• Problem Solver - Independently finds potential problems; effectively communicates issues; offers problem solving input
• Team Player - Works well in a team setting. Will actively support other team members when needed
• Customer Service - Helps manage member and affiliate relationships
• Flexible - Ability to remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities
• Reliable - Consistently presents quality work and is trustworthy
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) and at least 5 years in Event Planning, Project/Business
Management, Hospitality, Public Relations, Communications, or related field. Experience in global event planning required.
This is a remote position. FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. FS-ISAC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FS-ISAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Global Event jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.