Cyber Operations Planner
- Posted: over a month ago
The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), is a 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity, the only global cyber intelligence sharing community solely focused on financial services. Serving financial institutions and in turn their customers, the organization leverages its intelligence platform, resiliency resources and a trusted peer-to-peer network of experts to anticipate, mitigate and respond to cyber threats. FS-ISAC is headquartered in the US, with offices in the UK and Singapore.
The Cyber Operations Planner is a mid-level position reporting to the Director of Global Business Resilience and is focused on supporting FS-ISAC’s exercise and training programs and efforts. This position will interact and work with FS-ISAC members, partner organizations, vendors, and government partners. The position will lead the design of exercise scenarios, facilitate tabletop exercises, and support the development and analysis of After-Action Reports. In addition, the position will represent FS-ISAC on exercise related working groups and committees, and support FS-ISAC’s other resilience programs as a member of the business resilience team.
• Develop plausible exercise scenarios focused on threats identified by FS-ISAC’s global intelligence office and FS-ISAC members
• Lead working groups and committees to plan for, develop, execute, and evaluate exercises
• Participate in exercise working groups lead by partner organizations
• Conduct market research and vendor/partner due diligence
• Stay informed of cyber related training and exercise events for sector
• Stay informed of cyber related training and exercise vendors and solution providers
• Participate in relevant FS-ISAC member meetings and events
• Network with relevant peers in sector associations and trade groups
• Participate in relevant Sector events to build ISAC brand and promote offerings
• Contribute and support marketing as needed.
• Use survey software to develop, execute and analyze participant surveys.
• Work across the organization to communicate details of events and trainings.
• Project work as assigned.
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity events, training and exercises.
• Intermediate business speaking and writing skills to respond to member inquiries.
• Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with teams and members.
• Strong public speaking skills
• Self-starter with attention to detail and quality – delivering on-brand products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree or 3+ years documented work experience.
• Experience supporting exercise design and facilitation.
• Experience with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) or other exercise best practices.
This position reports into Reston, VA headquarters. The candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. FS-ISAC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FS-ISAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TechnologyView all jobs at FS-ISAC