QA Automation Engineer
FRONTSTEPS Lake Oswego, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that is 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
The QA Automation Engineer is responsible for automating and executing the test cases for all products at FRONTSTEPS. This role will be required to interact with all product teams and the QA person assigned to that product to ensure proper coverage of all automated test cases. At times this position may also require some coverage in executing manual test cases as needed. This position is required to handle quality assurance questions and provide overall support to the Quality Assurance Department. They are tasked with ensuring software produced by the company are free of defects and are manufactured in away that complies with the company’s standards. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
This role is eligible for remote work. FRONTSTEPS is authorized to do business in AL, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MD, MA, MI, MN, NV, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where FRONTSTEPS is registered, we will not be able to consider you for this position.
- Scripting/executing automated test cases and load/stress testing along with manual test cases as needed
- Create/maintain/execute automation for QA across all products in accordance with their appropriate sprint cadence
- Be flexible in daily assignments as we are a small group and cover each other on a regular basis
- Import any currently created automation scripts and debug accordingly to ensure they run properly
- Ability to debug/correct any issues with all created automation scripts
- Ensure all scripts are maintained and kept up to date according to the product specs
- Work independently while still reporting to the QA Manager and having the support of being on the QA team
- Attend daily stand-up meetings as needed for the tests being executed/created
- Ability to do reports on both coverage and execution of test cases
- Enter any issues found with the product into the appropriate Azure board
- Maintain all testing resources needed for creation and execution of automation scripts
- Performs other duties as requested by management
TECHNICAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years prior experience in a QA role with a product that is a SaaS solution
- 4+ years testing mobile applications (Android/iOS)
- 4+ years with developing automation frameworks/automated tests
- 4+ years using different methods to create and execute automated test scripts
- 3+ years creating and executing Load/Stress Testing and the tools associated with this testing effort.
- Advance knowledge of an object oriented and/or scripting knowledge such as: C#, Ruby, Python, Java…
- Experience automating test cases for mobile, web, and desktop applications.
- Proven experience with REST API testing and the common tools associated with it
- SQL database knowledge and how to leverage for testing purposes
- Experience writing and executing Test Plans and Test Cases
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems
- Experience collaborating with developers to maximize test coverage between the developer’s own tests and the QA testing effort.
- Experience working in a remote Agile environment
- Knowledge of common QA practices and SDLC
- Experience using emulators to accomplish testing
This position is based remotely with a salary of $75,000 - $90,000. Occasional meetings may be required in Denver headquarters.
Benefits include the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Internet Reimbursement
- 401k match
FRONTSTEPS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AddressLake Oswego, OR
TechnologyView all jobs at FRONTSTEPS