Upper School Science Teacher ( French Speaking)
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critical
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect, and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
The Upper School French Science teacher works in both Middle and High School classrooms. The goal is to develop our students’ awareness of scientific and social progress, to motivate each student to acquire knowledge of scientific facts, and to help them develop skills in scientific methods of problem-solving across languages.
- Deliver lessons in accordance with French American teaching principles and curriculum
- Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards in science education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors
- Deliver high quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations, and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Keep student records and grades up to date
- Attend meetings as required by the Principal or Head of Department
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure cohesive delivery of the program
- Lead an Advisory group in Middle or High School
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential, and behavior periodically through phone or electronic means and at Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Attend school functions
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent
- Three or more years of teaching experience (experience in a school abroad is a plus)
- Commitment to early adolescent education and social-emotional well-being
- Commitment to working in an inclusive and diverse community
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B - 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits.
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- Paid Holidays and breaks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI
Powered by JazzHR
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL