Arts Conservatory Music & French American International School
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Mission and Values
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect, and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
The French American + International Conservatory offers after-school 1-1 instrumental/vocal lessons (now virtual):
1-1 Lesson Job Description
- To provide 1-1 lesson that are engaging, challenging, taught imaginatively, and that align with the learning styles of the student - the aim being to provide students with great teaching, mentoring, and a lifelong desire to pursue music lessons throughout their education and beyond
- To take attendance, submit hours, and follow up with the Director of Extended Care in the event of student/teacher absence
- To follow up on any musical needs with the Head of Creative and Performing Arts
- To prepare students to perform at least once per year in one of three scheduled conservatory concerts
- To attend conservatory concerts whenever available to support students and liaise with parents
- At this time and for the remainder of the 2020-21 academic year, 1-1 lesson will be virtual. Typically, lessons are taught in 150 Oak Street (grades 1-8) and 65 Lily Street (grades 9-12)
- 1-1 lesson are 30 mins (grades 1-5) and 60 mins (grades 6-12)
- We are potentially looking to provide all orchestral instruments, guitars, voice, piano, drums/percussion, theory/composition, and music technology.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQI)
Powered by JazzHR