We are seeking an estate planning paralegal to join our talented team who is well organized, detail oriented and adaptable with the willingness and ability to learn and implement a defined prioritization system. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years experience as a paralegal with knowledge of Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney forms, estate funding, the probate court system, and general management of files. Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required. This is an exciting and challenging position that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Meet with clients.
- Draft Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney forms.
- Assist Estate Planning attorneys as needed.
- Assist with estate funding process and estate administration.
- Effectively organize and maintain client files.
- Monitor and calendar deadlines.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Minimum 3+ years job experience as an estate planning paralegal.
- Willing to pitch in and support growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients.
- Fast thinker/quick learner.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
Good question. For one, we do this every day. Two, as estate planners we're committed to excellence and utilizing the latest planning tools, so you won't have to risk experimentation on your own. Three, as family leaders and members of any estate - with any level of assets - you need a top-notch professional team to stay on top of issues that either recur or appear over time. For multiple generations of family members and for individuals as well, we incorporate everything from safe market ingredients, specialized trusts, and long-range tax-reduction strategies for beneficiaries; all to provide an estate plan that works in harmony with your financial goals. Estate Planning is fast growing and our mission is to serve the financial and retirement needs of the mature market. We have more than 18,000 clients nationwide and offices in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, California, Arizona, and Texas.