FPS Civil is seeking an experienced Pre-Construction Manager / Jr. Estimator / Sr. Project Engineer with civil infrastructure, water/wastewater, piping/mechanical, and excavation/grading experience. The candidate will be assigned to a variety of jobs specific to industrial, civil infrastructure, and underground utility construction projects and will be assigned to working at the Intel Facility in Chandler, Arizona.
Successful candidate must be able to estimate, plan, and schedule all construction aspects and have knowledge and experience with the various types of pipes, pipe fittings, sewer systems, manholes, coatings, and shoring systems used in conjunction with civil infrastructure projects and be able to perform quality quantity take-offs. Candidate will work closely and coordinate with VP’s, Sr. Estimator, Site Project Manager, Superintendent(s), and Foreman. Once projects are estimated and awarded, candidate will take lead in passing on all job knowledge, drawings, and specifications of the project to the field teams for construction. Compliance with all Company safety policies, OSHA, and Intel safety standards is absolutely required.
We are looking for candidates with exceptional organizational, follow-through, interpersonal, and communication skills; must be punctual with superior attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Maintaining good working relationships and the ability to motivate others to maintain positive morale while holding people accountable is highly desirable! We are looking for candidates that can think out of the box and be solution providers!
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of Arizona municipal construction specifications and regulations.
- Proficiency of construction estimating, project management processes, scheduling, material and subcontract procurement, job costing, and budgeting.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including Outlook, Project, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency with Accounting Software (Vista by Viewpoint is highly preferred).
- Proficiency with Construction Scheduling Software (Microsoft Project and Excel is highly preferred).
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and adhere to applicable safety policies.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record is a must to comply with company policy.
- Background check will be required.
- Possession of WWID is highly preferred.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- Must have at least two years of construction estimating and equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree program from a four-year college or university is highly desired.
- OSHA 10-hour training required; OSHA 30-hour training is highly preferred.
Physical Work Demands and Conditions:
- Construction office environment in heavily congested construction sites.
- Working outdoors in inclement climate.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, steel toe boots, gloves, face masks, fall protection, etc.
- Acceptable level of correctable vision for Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral and Depth Perception.
- Hearing sufficient for being aware of back-up alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations.
- Use of both arms and legs required.
- Some weekend and night work required depending on job requirements.
- Minimum 50 hours per week.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Why work for FPS Civil?
- Competitive Pay!
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, and 401k!
- We are looking for self-motivated team players to join our team and help us grow to the next level. If that is you and you have the required experience, please be sure to apply! If you do not have the required experience but are interested in applying for other positions, please check out our career web page and send us a resume! We can also be found on LinkedIn!