Performs duties to conduct metallurgic inspection in-process and finished work on a variety of heat treated parts and materials.
- Work from shop orders, blue prints and special instructions.
- Work from sampling plans of various types.
- Prepare and test materials which involve various surface relationships and quality requirements.
- Determines hardness checks on variety of heat treated parts and materials using R15N, R30N, R45N, RD and RA scales.
- Cuts product manually.
- Preps cut product for mounting,
- Checks case depth (total and effective) by Micro hardness
- Feedback to operators when issues arise, suggests corrections needed to process good, acceptable product.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. One or more year’s heat treat or other technical work experience preferred.
3. Experience as a Metallurgic Inspector and/or Lab Technician is desired.
4. Must be able to communicate…read, write and speak…in English; bilingual English/Spanish very helpful.
General math skills required to perform various calculations as may be necessary.
- Must use common sense and capable of making quick, informed decisions.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Successful incumbent must be a self-starter who is aggressive yet personable and willingly accepts responsibility.
- Excellent time management skills desired.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- General working environment for a heat treating operation with heat and noise exposure.
- Able to work with materials oiled and solvent cleaned.
- Must able to move, lift or shift parts or loads up to 55 pounds.