Outside Sales Representative/Baltimore, MD-Washington Metropolitan Area
- Posted: over a month ago
Outside Sales Representative position available in the Baltimore, MD-Washington metropolitan area. The Sales and Marketing Representative has primary responsibility for developing, promotion and maintaining sales production of company product lines to customers. Covers all sales functions in an assigned territory: forecasts, solicits and secures orders from potential and existing customers, provides customer service as required, and prepares periodic reports as required.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Maintains existing accounts, manages inventory levels, gains additional business within existing outside and inside accounts, and sees inside accounts on a regular basis, and works with inside sales rep to keep account activities up to date.
- Takes and submits orders for products and services.
- Demonstrate products, provide and promote value added service conversions, new items, flyers, velocity reports and seminars to build strong partnership with customer base.
- Develops, submits, implements, manages and reports on sales goal and business development plan and weekly sales activity reports in accordance with company policies and systems.
- Maintains product knowledge of existing and new product lines.
- Solicits and establishes customer needs.
- Presents information and answers questions regarding existing and new product lines.
- Responds to customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Negotiates price and terms within the context of company policy.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business periodicals, industry ads, trade shows, and other sources.
- Analyzes, organizes, coordinates and reports on activities in the area in a systematic way.
- Attends area, regional and national seminars and trade shows as requested.
- Gathers and forwards information on competitor activities.
- Assists in collections from accounts.
- Prepare mileage expense logs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of in-stock products and value-added services offered by the company.
a. Self study by utilizing catalogs and point of sale material.
b. Ask customers about products and their application.
c. Attend sales meetings to gain product knowledge.
- Meet company goals, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
2+ years outside sales experience preferred.
Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with little direction.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Current auto insurance.'
- Fully Remote
BusinessView all jobs at FPC Distribution