We are a long-standing specialty gift retailer based in Shrewsbury, MA. Our team is looking for a Retail Manager to lead our flagship store. In addition to being a traditional retail environment that sells everything from chocolate, novelty candy, and ice cream to stuffed animals, the store is also host to many special events ranging from candy camps to car shows.
We are looking for an individual to keep pace with a busy retail environment and ever increasing quality expectations of vendors and customers. The store manager will oversee, manage and execute functions that will maintain and exceed these standards.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing overall operation of the store in an efficient manner
• Assuring the highest level of customer service and upkeep of physical space
• Maintaining staffing schedules, productivity and morale
• Developing & executing local association and corporate sales
• Monitor and manage internet site
• Manage custom wedding favor requests
• Opening / Closing store
• Meeting with new and existing vendors
• Managing inventory levels
• Creating purchase orders and closing them in the system/ invoice reconciliations
• Hiring and training of permanent and seasonal staff
• Provide weekly sales reporting to management
• Project manage events
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Friendly & motivated
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends
• Strong computer skills; experience on POS a plus
• Highly organized
• Capability to constantly prioritize duties and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to skillfully interact with individuals at all levels, sometimes under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, conscientious and efficient
• A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial
We are open to training the right candidate who possesses the attributes necessary to be successful. Excellent growth opportunity and benefits.
Apply now for immediate consideration.