- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Transportation Specialist is responsible to ensure international and domestic outbound shipments and related tasks are completed daily according to business requirements and customs compliance. Executes shipment preparation steps and tracking of domestic and international shipments for the influencer relations program, intercompany, retail and wholesale customer shipments under FORMA Brands. Responsible for collaborating and ensuring transfer of information between departments to maintain shipment and delivery schedule. Generate all required commercial documentation and coordinate with freight forwarders, stores, and distribution centers to achieve on-time deliveries. Ensure understanding of export/import regulations pertinent to shipments managed to avoid detention and returns.
Shipment Handling and Shipping Paperwork:
- Achieve comprehensive knowledge of company compliant shipping requirements for influencer, retail, intercompany and wholesale customer shipments.
- Responsible and accountable for account and user set up in UPS/FedEx platforms for DC and Corporate staff to ensure correct spend allocation by department.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by understanding brand needs, matching to optimal shipping terms, and delivering excellent customer experience in meetings and via email.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import/export documentation to clearing agents to include: (Shipping Instructions, Hazmat Cargo Declarations, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin, etc.)
- Ability to work with vendor rates to provide quotes for cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate, develop, and build relationships with freight forwarders and carrier representatives regarding air, ocean, import, and export, as well as domestic transportation and shipping and receiving teams.
- Coordinate the routing of import and export bookings with freight forwarder.
- Assists in on-boarding of new team members into use of UPS/FedEx platform.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and support to all team members regarding international shipment requirements, standardized procedures, and systems applications that fosters an environment for learning.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by understanding brand needs, matching to optimal shipping terms, and delivering excellent customer experience.
- Build, maintain and publish in-transit and spend reports. i.e. Shipping Logs, Dashboards.
- Proactive and timely status communication and updates to relevant internal and external customers.
- Run UPS/FedEx reports to ensure that shipments in transit are delivered within service level agreement, as well as response to carrier inquiries on additional information for customs clearance.
- Communicate and monitor cutoff dates/times to achieve scheduled departures and meet “deliver by” dates.
- 3 years plus of progressive responsibility positions of related experience in international shipping, document generation, international routing analysis and development in a freight forwarder environment.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international transportation options and industry standard pricing.
- Strong analytical skills: Collect, analyze, and make recommendations using data about timeliness, cost, types of goods, etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and internet investigation/navigation.
- Demonstrated experience with order management and warehouse management systems
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at FORMA Brands