Graphic Designer - Visual Merchandising - Remote
FORMA Brands Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
FORMA has a flexible work program designed to create options for our corporate team-members, which provide greater flexibility, additional well-being + work life balance options, and allows us the ability to widen our talent pool + increase diversity in our organization.
Our workspaces are not limited to our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York + London . We know our team-members want flexibility, with the ability to maintain a physical space to connect + collaborate with each other. We have adapted our ways of working + found the value in the flexibility it provides. Our team-members work with their leaders to determine the best fit for the needs of their role – whether that’s in a hybrid capacity or fully remote.
Summary of Position:
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Manager, Graphic Design – Visual Merchandising to update existing and execute new store experience graphics. This person must maintain design standards and prepare precise and accurate electronic files to print production with accurate specifications and ensure delivery to vendors. This person will also assist with interpreting brand ideas that capture the brand look and feel in the store and wholesale environments. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize and handle pressure with adherence to quality and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Create and maintain store experience graphics and printed collateral in a timely and accurate manner.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts. Determine artwork placement and proper logo usage and branding strategies.
- Prepare precise and accurate electronic files to print production specifications and ensure delivery to vendors.
- Review, comment and/or approve press proofs against released art.
- Create and present mockups and style guides with ease and effective communication for campaigns and promos.
- Competitive knowledge for graphic design and store experience design.
- A self-starter who is able to troubleshoot and work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
Key Working Relationships:
- Work with Manager, Graphic Design – Visual Merchandising on concept development through and including execution for presentations & release for production.
- Work collaboratively with Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Merchandising, Brand and Creative to ensure that all aspects of design and merchandising are carefully considered.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have minimum BFA degree with emphasis in Fine Art, Design or Graphics
- 3-4 years of Graphic Design experience/Production experience
- Experience organizing and maintaining files.
- Must have a strong working knowledge graphic design programs, typography, composition, color proofing, print processes and project specs.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity and technical skills with the MAC OSX platform Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Internet and Microsoft Office software
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
this is a remote position
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at FORMA Brands