- Posted: over a month ago
Ford Component Sales, LLC (FCS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company aligned with the Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD). We are a flexible sales organization that directs resources toward revenue opportunities identified by FCSD.
We are in search of a Buyer that will serve as the company's direct interface with the supply base regarding all commercial aspects including but not limited to the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain positive long-term relationships with suppliers/FCSD through regular communication, supplier/FCSD events, and on site visits.
- Lead and resolve commercial issues with supply base
- Supplier negotiation as needed regarding price, lead time, minimum order quantities, and any related commercial items (including part samples).
- Analyze supplier price changes, challenge increases, and amend FCS purchase orders as needed.
- Manage new part/supplier business quoting of parts and services, including request for quotes (RFQ’s).
- Pursue and identify cost savings in any part of the acquisition cost.
- Support planning analysts with suppliers’ chronic late delivery performance.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain function.
- Develop understanding of the function of procured parts and manufacturing process.
- Assist in claim processing.
- Maintain supplier contact information in the FCS / FCSD computer systems.
- Obtain updated part information from suppliers to ensure most current part level, description, cost, etc. for item master data.
- Validate and track FCS owned tooling at suppliers
- Buyer support for the Ford production team in launching production programs w/FCS product where applicable
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, 401(k), disability, and tuition reimbursement assistance. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success, we want to talk to you. Please visit www.fordcomponentsalesllc.com to learn more.
FCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
FORD COMPONENT SALES
BusinessView all jobs at FORD COMPONENT SALES