PURPOSE: The Minister of Music at Foothill Community Presbyterian Church is responsible for the oversight and development of the music programs and ministries at the church.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Minister of Music reports to the session through the personnel committee and will work under the supervision of the co-pastors.
The Minister of Music is to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Direct and rehearse with the Chancel Choir and Glory Ringers and invite new members
- Supervise musical ensembles
- Oversee staff musician (organist/pianist)
- Coordinate with the pastor in selecting hymns, anthems, and special music to be used in worship services (Sundays, seasonal mid-week services, special services)
- Lead congregational singing in worship
- Lead the children at Foothill Christian Preschool during chapel time once a month
- Write informational and educational articles for the monthly church newsletter
- Oversee the maintenance of audio equipment, church instruments, and bells
- Encourage and teach participants in their musical pursuits as available
- Arrange for substitute and supplementary musicians as needed
- Maintain and organize the church music library
- Purchase music and music supplies as needed
- Attend quarterly staff meetings and worship planning meetings as necessary
This position is 20 hours a week.