Maintenance Manager in the Wine Country
THIS JOB IS LOCATED NEAR MODESTO, CALIFORNIA,
We have the exclusive search on this job and are the only search firm authorized to present candidates for the role. We will review all candidates that submit and get you an answer within 72 hours as to if you will be considered for the role.
Looking for a career, not a job? Our exclusive client has proven over and over that they are seeking high functioning, promotable candidates that will contribute to the growth of this very successful, dominant and diversified company. We are looking for a success driven Maintenance Manager professional, that is passionate with technical and people skills to make this the best plant possible with lowest cost per case or SKU.
if so, send me an email if you have a Food, Pharma or CPG manufacturing Maintenance Manager background (and a modest amount of job changes) for consideration of this role.
Location: The location is right in the wine country. You can commute easily from a wide variety of cities, such as Tracy, Modesto, Turlock, Lathrop, Manteca, Stockton, Livermore, Patterson, Oakdale, Merced, Elk Grove/Sacramento etc.
I checked and the general cost of living is right around 110-113% of the USA average cost of living, or approx $300,000 for the average home to buy.
This is very affordable and there isn't the congestion of an LA, San Fran, Dallas or Atlanta type location. You also have the opportunity to sock away money, because it isn't so expensive to live here, or even consider to transfer in from other areas so you can enjoy the outstanding climate. You are really close to mountains or skiing or the beach. Got to love that and and your kids/family will too! Let's face it, if it's close, the family will love it!
Also, it's a short drive as follows to enjoy the area with your family :
- Elk Grove CA - 50 miles
- Yosemite - 100 miles
- Reno / Lake Tahoe - 200 miles
- Santa Rosa - 135 miles - just over 2 hour drive
- San Jose - 90 miles
- Sacramento 80 miles
- Monterrey State Beach, only 110 miles - that's 2 Hours / woo hoo - the kids will love it!
- Bakersfield - approx 185 miles north - Only about 2 1/2 hours drive.
As a comparison, Below, are the Cost of Living numbers for you to compare, just how good this area's cost of living is compared to the following cities listed - look at these areas by comparison - you can see it's pretty reasonable!
You're close to so much to do. In most cases the following areas are only 1-3 hours away, including mountain cabin vacations.
The following areas listed here, show what their approx. cost of living is by comparison to this area where the Maintenance Manager job is. It's COLA is only approx 110-113%
- Elk Grove 135% of US avg...It's 11% cheaper cost of living for you at this site.
- Santa Rosa 150%
- San Diego 160%
- Los Angeles 173%
- Oakland 174%
- Palm Springs 131%
- Minneapolis 113%
- Phoenix 104%
- Atlanta 107%
- Seattle 172%
- Portland 130%
- Sacramento 118%
- Bakersfield CA 103%
The selected candidate will manage the Maintenance Management for the site. This would also include Maintenance related CAPEX projects including Ammonia Refrigeration facilities and waste water. There is also a very good health care, 401k, and bonus program for the selected candidate.
Relocation program to move your family from another area is possible
You will be the key Maintenance Spiritual leader to offer the strategic direction and any needed technical support to the plant
You're challenge will be to support in Engineering, Continuous Improvement and Operations for the continuing growth of the site
Additional Key Duties
- Develop the staff in succession planning way that the next manager or hourly is in cross training and in line to his/her next promotion. working from an abundance mentality
- Continue to improve your department and plants Safety and Ammonia PSM
- Improve any efficiency standards and maintenance initiatives which you're goal is to improve productivity while maximizing safety, quality, sanitation, CAPEX cost efficiency and regulatory compliance of your area of responsibility.
- Manages capital and facility maintenance projects and resources through timely equipment installation, service and repair.
- Manage directly or indirectly all on-site contractors and any work related to your team in CAPEX and Maintenance to me all applicable regulatory codes and standards.
- Protect assets and reduce equipment related downtime.
- Manages maintenance department, including organizing and prioritizing departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and sustains preventive maintenance plans through use of the CMMS system.
- Ensures maintenance team members are trained and developed to meet and support company needs
- Provide a hands-on approach to resolving day-to-day maintenance and service issues.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline from a college or university in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical
- An advanced degree would be preferred, not required, such as an MBA or MS in Engineering
- 5 to 20 years approximately of Engineering and Maintenance in a related industry (Food, Pharma, CPG )
- Knowledge of Boilers, Waste Water Treatment, Compressed Air Systems
- 3+ years Supervisory or Management experience
- Fixed Assets Maintenance responsibilities, including maintenance budget planning and control
- CMMS / PM / Six Sigma / Process improvement / 5S are valued areas of knowledge to do your job and preferred.
- Ability to influence change and innovation in a team atmosphere with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in making business decisions using metrics or facts and good judgment
- Knowledge of Food / USDA / RTE or those type of products and related OSHA regulations,
- GMP's, Sanitation, and HACCP principles and practices
- Advance computer proficiency is required (MS Office including Project)
- Advanced Auto CAD experience, along with the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and plans
Manages the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. Eliminates all causes of technical failures and ensures full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Leads the maintenance department that schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages maintenance support to Production for fulfillment of Business Unit strategies, goals and objectives.
- Leads the department that plans preventative/predictive maintenance and overhaul activities.
- Oversees all MRO/parts room activities.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the maintenance team members.
- Leads the effort to transfer basic technical knowledge from maintenance to operations.
- Develops measurable standards and goals that reflect maintenance performance. (For Example: MTBF, PM Completion, Technical Stoppage %, Etc.)
- Analyzes cost data to ensure accurate budget administration and to understand the causes of any variances.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints, implement corrective actions.
- Takes on leadership roles in continuous improvement initiatives related to Maintenance.
- Plays key role in capital project conceptualization, development and implementation.
- Stays abreast on cutting edge technology through external education programs, bench marking or similar facilities and professional seminars.
- Continuously ensure that maintenance strategy is updated to most effectively support operations.
- Ensures all projects are completed and within budget.
- Ensures all environmental regulations are met including annual permitting, environmental audits, and environmental report submissions.
- Adheres to all procedures and practices associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, s