Thank you for taking the time to read this post for the high growth oriented company that is seeking an experienced
If you are on third or second shift (OR) want a move up in salary this plant is very close to Joliet, Illinois (only about 80 mile South West of the city) It is a first shift role for an international diversified company
I've known the VP of QA for 20 years and found them many FSQA Corp and plant level people.
This is a FIRST SHIFT QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - must have food plant FSQA experience of approx 1 or more years supervising techs and related SQF III duties.
The reason the role is open is the former employee moved back closer to family and he was promoted several times over a 4 1/2 year period starting as a Micro Tech.
The best way I can describe the culture is super positive, motivated, best in class quality standing for this globally large company in the multi billions in sales.
This position reports to the QA Manager for this non union food plant of around 200-250 employees in size. The company is successful around the world in over 25 countries and we are seeking a candidate that has good upside potential to growth.
The position was given to us, because we have been very successful with identifying many of their current QA managers and leaders for this company around the USA at their nearly 10 factories.
The VP of QA that I found a job for him in his early years, their Sr Dir of QA and Corp Micro Manager I located for them, are all 20 year friends of mine so we have great connections. We also found 3 QA Managers for them and a corp QA person too.
Since we have had such a successful record of working together with everyone, and the Director of HR for a couple of plant startups, you will find good feedback time frames. Because of this, we are able to promise you a reasonable time to answer your questions and get any feedback we can pass along, as it is available.
Our company is FOODPRO Recruiters Inc. Our Recruiting firm is located in San Antonio Texas and have been in business since 1994 and we've worked with this employer for nearly 7 years.
We are a dedicated search firm that only works in food, pharmaceutical or consumer products related to those areas. "We do not work" in heavy industry, oil and gas or areas outside of the food, pharma and CPG. Our clients are seeking already experienced food, Pharma or CPG operations professionals to enhance their factories with a pro that is ready , skilled and able to do that now.
We do work for the who's who of the industry plus some very, very, successful small to medium size companies that have made a huge mark for themselves.
Our Illinois client is in the RTE foods arena, so we are seeking food QA mfg people as candidates. They have a long 100+ year old success story with multiple factory manufacturing and supply chain locations. As a result, we have an exclusive on this search for the success we have had in identifying top talent for them.
Are you a top talent in QA in your field and company?
If so, we can get to know you and your skills and competencies to bring you to your next great position in your career. Their product line is flying off the shelves.
Please send us your resume showing examples of these competencies for immediate response.
- Strong ability to develop your staff showing previous examples
- Previous experience supervising supervisors
- Have Food, RTE, Fresh Foods or USDA / FDA related processing experience with a strong QA component in record keeping and performance.
- 1 or more years supervising QA function
- Four year college degree.
- Food processing and GMP packaging background
- Highly automated equipment experience
- Focus on Food Safety and show success in this area and teams leadership
- You are good at training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Utilize a positive approach to all things work and developing others
- Can be looked at as an eventual replacement for your manager, that is a great sign for hiring you.
This position will assist the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager with basic supervision and the direction of QA staff of around a dozen, as well as serving as backup for the QA Manager in all quality and food safety matters when the QA Manager is not present.
Your duties are many such as: conducting quality audits, perform pre-operational inspections of equipment and processing areas, gather and compile production samples, provide incoming ingredient inspections, monitor and ensure compliance with facility HACCP, SSOP, Quality and GMP programs.
The role will do multiple tasks at a time while making decisions independently
You would also travel to cold storage facilities on occasion, or suppliers to conduct ingredient inspections, supplier approvals, and other special projects.
- Complete all required activities as defined by the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager.
- Supervise staff of technicians to closely monitor product quality and food safety to ensure compliance to Windsor standards.
- Assure adequate staffing by working with the QA Manager to evaluate new hires, and conducting performance evaluations of the QA staff.
- Develop, test, and implement quality operational procedures, practices, requirements and standards, according to scientifically sound protocols (e.g. SPC, HACCP, SOPs), to assure all products meet company quality, food safety and regulatory requirements.
- Verify full implementation of the HACCP, SSOP and GMP requirements and programs, and modify them according to changes in regulatory requirements or needs of the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all USDA and other applicable government statutes and regulations.
- This is a first shift role primarily.
- Knowledgeable of all purchased ingredients, their usage and ideal product conditions, including labeling, USDA regulatory compliance, and direct quality testing for adherence to standards.
- Maintain quality check points to ensure compliance to quality & food safety standards during production, storage and shipping. Ensure all product specifications are up to date, for both ingredients and packaging materials.
- Assure full knowledge of recall system, regulatory authority and crisis communications is required, along with minimum annual test of effectiveness and modification when necessary.
- Ensure all products are properly packaged, labeled with appropriate nutritional and USDA information, and coded accordingly.
- Bonus of 15% range, paid out above target last two years!