Chief Financial Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports To: CEO
Travel Required: Travel Not Required
VISA Support: No VISA Sponsorships Supported
Will this hire need to report to a specific location? Yes, you must report in-person to a particular area.
- Three years of CFO experience level in an acute care hospital
- Master's Degree Required
- Recent for-profit acute care hospital CFO
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management, and medical records functions
- Trains subordinates in the above areas and monitors performance to fulfill fiscal responsibilities.
- Assists the CEO in developing long and short-range hospital operations plan that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, and cost-benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, supported by the hospital's long and short-range plans and objectives
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports, including work papers for annual financial audit
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and ensures that the reports reliably reflect the hospital's financial position.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring ways to reduce hospital operating costs and increase revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis of all financial data associated with reports required by government and other regulated agencies, including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third-party payor cost reports.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and verbal, interpersonal, and quantitative skills usually acquired through this degree are required.
- CPA or Master's Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- A minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required
- Must be a strong, hands-on, and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results while keeping employee satisfaction high.
FOCUS Employment Solutions, LLC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Visa Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.