POSITION TITLE: Project Manager
MAIN LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA (Facebook HQ) / South San Francisco (FNTECH SSF)
GENERAL SUMMARY/ PURPOSE OF POSITION
FNTECH is seeking a Project Manager with a passion for live events, audio-visual experiences, team management, and a commitment to program execution to join our Production team. The ideal candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and abilities in project management. This position is full time and located in two locations: Menlo Park, CA (Facebook HQ) and South San Francisco (FNTECH SSF).
The Production team manages specialty support for on-campus Facebook meetings and other projects when appropriate. You create flawless event experiences. You will be a part of the team responsible for scoping event needs, resource allocation, and technical execution in specialty venues for live events. Equipment involved includes broadcast video systems, live sound reinforcement systems, scenic, and theatrical lighting installations.
In this role, you're a technical expert in event execution. You will serve as the primary liaison with both installed and temporary A/V systems to achieve theatrical production goals. You will have a proven track record of design, installation, and/or operation of broadcast systems, as well as production of live corporate events. Critical to this role is the ability to act proactively, with minimal supervision, as an integral part of a team, and development/maintain relationships across various departments and vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Executes with full event management for events contracted.
- Ensures that every aspect of an event has been accounted for, detailed, and scheduled.
- Schedules resources, manages finances, and completes all deliverables for projects contracted.
- Participates with tasks outside of Facebook campus that coincides with technical skills.
- Facilitates the event team’s tactical initiatives for all internal and external events, nationally and internationally.
- Engages appropriate services for the events, by scheduling external resources or internal resources as needed.
- Assists Service Delivery Manager with offsite events when necessary.
- Promotes the vision of the FNTECH service standards by leading the Event Services team through example.
- Sets a standard of customer care for the entire team.
- Actively pursues and responds to client feedback.
- Where deemed necessary, refines workflows, standard operating procedures, and services based on customer and technician feedback.
- Provide emergency response to Event Ops as a secondary job function.
- Reach out to clients and maintain good relationships while not on a project.
- Takes initiative to resolve issues in provided services; mediates objectively between team members, clients, and any other parties, when necessary.
- Fosters a safe environment in which team members feel empowered to provide each other with relevant feedback.
- Invites development within the team and provides opportunities for personal development above and beyond the individual’s job requirements.
- Takes steps to diffuse situations that could escalate or otherwise become strained.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Excellent task management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with relentless follow-up.
- Loves working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Bold problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 8 years working knowledge of audio visual equipment with a proficiency in lighting, sound, video recording and data projection along with experience with the technical challenges and problem solving needs in a event production environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus cross functional teams to reach challenging goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Professionally groomed to company standards, specific location’s standards, and to the standards of our clients.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
FNTECH – Project Supervisor
FNTECH – Service Delivery Manager (MPK)
Planning, organizing and conducting an event, no matter the size, can be daunting. At FNTECH, our experienced event management team will work closely with you to ensure each element is not only addressed, but planned to perfection. Areas of expertise: site selection, theme development, accommodations, registration, catering, supplier negotiation, security, transportation, shipping, branding/signage, ancillary meetings/parties/tours, press/media events, staffing/onsite event execution, entertainment, speaker management, awards/giveaways, photography/videography, budgeting/reconciliation/post analysis, and so much more...
Event staging at FNTECH is an immersive, all-inclusive experience. We offer every piece of equipment, rigging and scenery needed to create your unique look and feel. In short, whatever your team and ours can imagine, we can create..