FMC Corporation, R&D Analytical Sciences is seeking Analytical Chemist candidates to support their agricultural sciences business. A principle scientific background in separation science and mass spectrometry is desired for this role. In this role, key responsibilities are to design, develop and validate analytical methods and studies for the qualitative and quantitative assessment of agricultural pipeline products, their intermediates, metabolites and impurities. The scope of this role includes support for: process and formulations development, manufacturing of existing commercial and pipeline products, and defense of the current product portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, lead, conduct or coordinate, as GLP study director or study monitor, the overall process for required analytical studies to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Function as product and technology analytical focal point for multiple products, providing a single point of analytical contact for other R&D and business functions.
- Interface with business-wide internal customers to resolve product issues and transfer technology.
- Direct laboratory programs to develop quantitative and qualitative methods, including trace-level analyses and sample preparation protocols, for both pipeline and established products.
- Apply analytical chemistry solutions to solve customer problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Train, develop and supervise associate chemists in a way that enhances their knowledge, skills and capabilities in analytical chemistry.
- Know, understand and practice all aspects of laboratory safety and industrial hygiene protocols.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects/programs and prioritize work to efficiently allocate resources to meet business needs.
Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry with 3-5 years experience, or M.S. with 10+ years experience, with concentration in at least one analytical discipline. Chromatography (HPLC, UHPLC, GC) and mass spectrometric techniques (LC/MS, GC/MS) preferred, broader separations technologies will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare scientific publications and presentations on scientific research
- Familiarity with global pesticide registration guidelines and data requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other scientists, engineers and management at all levels
- Experience in complex problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing multiple demands in timeline driven environment
- Hands-on method development experience in an industrial setting is highly desirable
- Strong track record for delivering quality results in a timely manner
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are