Material Science Lab Engineer
FM Industries Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FM Industries is recognized as a premier manufacturing solutions provider of manufacturing services for the semiconductor capital equipment market. We specialize in build to print, precision machined components, anodization and engineered thermal spray coatings.
The Material Science Lab Engineer is responsible for administering the metrology lab functions and assisting in engineering projects as assigned by the Process Engineering Manager. This position supports production operations, engineering functions and technology development. They will interface with the lab and engineering teams at both sites as demand for the support functions increase.
- Manage and assist engineering projects as needed throughout the processes.
- Act as the technical resource for all items related to metrology and material science
- Develop and maintain detailed lab sample and analytic procedures
- Conduct metallurgical and materials analysis, data analysis and report results and recommendations to management as required
- Ensure Lab Technicians are scheduled and trained to support production operations
- Confer with vendors to determine specifications and arrange for the purchase of parts or services
- Support shop production to facilitate and deploy best known methods and improvements
- Work on cross functional teams for process improvement and cost reduction
- Supervise technicians who are supporting 24/7 operations
- Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices
- Understand the importance of designing, building, and operating safe systems. Basic knowledge and understanding of basic safety work processes such as JSA’s and MOC’s.
- Demonstrates commitment in the successful EH&S management of chemical processes and facilities.
- BS in Material Science or Chemical Engineering
- 2-5 years of engineering/lab experience
- Semiconductor industry and process experience/knowledge preferred. Other industrial manufacturing experience accepted.
- Working knowledge of lab metrology equipment (SEM, surface morphology tools)
- Effective speaking and presentation skills and responding to questions in one-on-one and small and large group situations to customers, clients, management, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We offer a full complement of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, generous time off plan, and a 401k saving plan with a 30% match!
2101 W. Roosevelt Street (conveniently located near highways 17 and 10)
Phoenix, AZ 85009
We are moving in 2021! Our new location is near University and 24th Street, just Southwest of the airport.www.fmindustries.com
EngineeringView all jobs at FM Industries