General Manager (Manufacturing)
FM Industries Fremont, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, 401k, dental
The General Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of an FM business unit. They will develop and implement a variety of strategies to maximize operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining world class quality performance. The General Manager will provide oversight and guidance to Team Members, manage and drive continuous improvement projects assigned to staff and interact with the customer on key initiatives, while maintaining the highest Environmental, Health & Safety standards.
• Ensure the highest level of product quality is achieved consistently and efficiently.
• Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the FM Industries business unit with 100+ Team Members, ensuring alignment with company priorities, goals and objectives.
• Work with Executive Management Team to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, and design and execute a plan of action.
• Develop and implement performance improvement and growth strategies for the operation.
• Be held accountable on key metrics for your plant, covering all aspects of quality, output, efficiencies and improvements.
• Meet with customers and potential customers to increase business, while maintaining an excellent day-to-day working relationship and instilling total customer confidence.
• Review financial analysis and make budgetary adjustments as required.
• Develop a strong working relationship with the Quality Department, ensuring quality standards are met and upheld in all manufacturing and overhead departments.
• Ensure strategic direction, goals and objectives are communicated and flowed down to all Team Members.
• Promote an open, collaborative culture through proactive communication and engagement with their your business unit team.
• Manage and improve the abilities of their your manufacturing team by developing their skills and abilities as part of the company Succession Planning process.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Must have a thorough knowledge of contemporary manufacturing methodologies, a working knowledge of CNC Machining and a proven track record of successfully managing a complex, fast paced manufacturing operation for demanding external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) from an accredited four-year college or university.
• 10-15 years related experience and/or training preferred.
• Must possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to design and execute business strategies to address efficiency, quality or growth targets.
• A clear understanding of how capacity analysis can be used to improve all aspects of production, processes, facilities and infrastructure.
• Demonstrated track record in effective customer communication.
• Basic knowledge and experience with mechanical processes including machining, fabrication, stamping, welding and coating.
• Experienced in the use of Word, Excel, ERP Systems and a working knowledge of production, costing, inventory control, and purchasing principles.
• Experience of using six sigma philosophy, Kaizen, 6S is desirable.
FM IndustriesWhy Work Here?
Growing Company with Great Benefits and Amazing Team!
FM Industries, Inc. is a provider of precision manufactured products and prototypes for high tech and semiconductor industries. Providing development, prototypes, and manufacturing of highly complex systems and assemblies, we specialize in delivering innovative solutions to challenging manufacturing issues.
221 Warren AvenueFremont, CA