Material Planner (M/F/X) - 429L
- Expired: August 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Material Planner will be responsible for the scheduling of each assembly line and assuring customer demand is aligned with facility activity. It is a dual role which also requires that the proper amount and type of material has been ordered from the supply base. The successful candidate will collaborate with all departments to coordinate the flow of required raw materials, maintain proper inventory levels, and schedule production labor to facilitate on-time delivery of customer orders.
As a facility (plant) start-up, we are seeking individuals that enjoy taking on diverse responsibilities with the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing organization in the next automotive revolution. Does a challenging role with work life balance sound ideal? We want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and coordinate with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials are timed to meet production requirements.
- Support the procurement plan in conjunction with the production master plan and qualified suppliers for the Michigan facility.
- Place purchase orders, track and maintain dates in the ERP system.
- Ensure the procurement and availability of raw materials, products, equipment, plant supplies, components and other items when required.
- Ensure maintenance of procurement parameters in ERP (moq, Leadtime, cost. safety stock).
- Support and maintain good relationships with our supplier partners.
- Develop and track performance indicators and take actions to achieve targets. Take charge of the logistical aspect of raw material supply, in particular; establish the means and processes to efficiently import purchased raw materials.
- Actively participate in the export strategy of the products.
- Apply the optimal inventory strategy in line with the organization's objectives in order to maintain an inventory level that allows for efficient turnover rates.
- Conduct research and solicit bids.
- Verify that suppliers' proposals comply with requests and requirements.
- Resolve issues related to late deliveries, non-conforming goods, etc.
- Perform any other related duties
- Schedule equipment and personnel, confirm material supply and demands, prepare work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in material planning and/or scheduling;
- Proficiency in ERP software, as well as the Office suite (Excel);
- Problem solving and data analysis skills;
- Experience in the electronics market;
- Training in MOQ, ROP, Kanban, Lean manufacturing.
- Power of persuasion;
- Strong communication skills;
- Agility, flexibility, team focused;
- English (oral and written);
- Experience in the automotive industry;
- Green belt 6 sigma.
YOU CALL THEM "PERKS", WE CALL THEM "THE RIGHT THING TO DO"
- 3 weeks of vacation (PTO) right from the start
- Comprehensive group insurance (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life, etc.)
- Free Telemedical online service (teleadoc health) for you and your family
- Years of Service Recognition Program
- Free Employee and Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- FLO Employee Experience Program
- Professional Development Offer (Training)
- Friends of FLO discount for FLO home charging station
- Free Beta testing charging station at home
- 2% allocation for your Retirement Savings Plan
- Compensation package according to industry standards.
- Flexible work hours
- FLO is headquartered in Quebec City, with regional teams located throughout the US and Canada. Our company has a vibrant culture and a commitment to ensuring employees are supported and engaged, especially through the evolution of employment in the post pandemic era.
- FLO is a successful business with strong year-on-year results including direct sales, revenue generation, and through the expansion of operations and market presence across North America. There is a positive and entrepreneurial mentality for growth, business development and a high-performance culture where we work as a team to reach ambitious goals.
- You will be backed up by experienced and knowledgeable colleagues who will support the onboarding process and engage you in your day-to-day professional development.
- Weekly town hall meetings with our CEO to share our executive team's vision and engage employees in major developments at the company.
- FLO has a pleasant working atmosphere with respect for the individual.
FLO EV Charging
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
Get fresh Senior Materials Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.