- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer will utilize a wide range of knowledge and professional skills to drive Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement in initiatives and projects. The candidate will be the focal point for interfacing Quality Assurance issues with internal and external customers/suppliers ensuring compliance to the appropriate requirements including non-conformance analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be assigned to perform varying degrees of Quality Engineering activities and lead projects pertinent to Internal and Customer Quality Assurance under general guidance of Quality Assurance Management
• Drive continuous defect reduction by collecting and analyzing quality-related data (yield, rework, and scrap) and facilitating problem-solving activities to process improvement
• Demonstrate the ability to do a Root Cause Corrective action on any defected product and/or processes. Like 8D, Fishbone diagrams, 5Ys, etc
• Conduct internal/supplier audits to ensure customer requirements, regulatory agencies, government regulations, and engineering specifications are properly met
• Perform purchase order and contract reviews to ensure complete flow-down of requirements throughout various facets of the organization
• Ensure continual compliance and improvement to the Quality Management System procedures and processes
• Host client and regulatory audits, manage responses/resolution, and audit follow-up
• Perform Material Review Board (MRB) duties representing Quality Engineering
• Collaborate with Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering to improve manufacturing process and develop methods to eliminate quality problems
• Requires consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment to perform assignments of a professional nature requiring application of quality engineering and related techniques
• Other duties as assigned
• Six Sigma, and/or ASQ Certification is a plus
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross-functional teams
• Significant experience working directly with customers and suppliers
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills
• Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
• Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, AS9102, ISO9001, AS13100, & NADCAP requirements
• Ability to process and effectively communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Desired Experience and/or Education:
• 3-5 Years in manufacturing or Supply Chain
• Experience working in Commercial, Military or Aerospace quality systems
• B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, Systems, or related field from an Accredited Institution
FLAG Solutions LLC
Get fresh Production Quality jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.