Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a company that has a group of AMAZING people? Maybe you want some GREAT benefits!
FJA-US is a leading global provider of insurance software platforms that enables insurers to underwrite opportunities and build and distribute plans. We empower carriers to create new, modify existing, and retire obsolete products and services to consistently meet market demand.
For more than 20 years, FJA has been serving the insurance industry, helping our customers achieve accuracy and consistency across their entire organization. FJA’s platform provides a full portfolio of solutions to match client needs, address key pain points, deliver strategic objectives, and improve market competitiveness. We have domain supremacy in healthcare, group life and property & casualty insurance.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer.. With offices in NYC, Denver and Boca Raton, you choose the office that is best suited for you. We also have employees in 12 other states!
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Senior Java Software Engineer to join our team and help us build scalable and reliable software applications using Java. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product owners, designers, and other engineers, to develop high-quality software applications. It will be your responsibility to uphold or enhance quality standards and coding practices among all levels of our engineering team's experience.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex software systems and applications using Java and related technologies
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify requirements and design solutions that meet business needs
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Develop automated tests to ensure high-quality code
- Document software design, testing procedures, and other related documentation
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior developers
- Continuously learn and develop new skills to stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and developing software applications using Java
- Strong proficiency in Java and related technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and RESTful APIs
- Experience with database design and development using SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of software development principles such as SOLID, DRY, and KISS
- Experience with agile development methodologies and continuous integration and delivery
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Our experienced development team specializes in building Java applications that are optimized for performance, security, and scalability. Experience with a robust set of libraries, frameworks, and technologies will make you a great fit for our team.
A sample of the typical technologies we use include:
Spring Framework, Hibernate, Microservices, RESTful API, Reactive Programming, Cloud Computing, Natural Language Processing, Node.js, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job
Some of our Benefits:
- FJA pays 80% of Medical (3 plans to choose from)
- FJA pays 80% of Dental
- FJA pays 80% of Vision
- 401K pre-tax and Roth plan with company match
- HSA and FSA/DCA
- Company paid STD and Life insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Discounts for sports events, travel, and retail purchases ....
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and opportunities for career growth and development. If you are passionate about developing high-quality software applications using Java and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, apply today!
FJA-US is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics.
Must be a resident in the US. We do not sponsor visa’s now or in the future.
No Agencies Please
FJA-US Inc.Boca Raton, FL
TechnologyView All FJA-US Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.