Full-time (40-hours/week) position works under the general direction of the Program Supervisor. Responsible for providing a wide variety of individual, family, and group therapy; case management counseling; crisis intervention; and advocacy services to families, children, and other clients in accordance with their specific therapeutic needs. Please designate hours wanted on your application. MFTI or ASW with current California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration required. LMFT or LCSW highly preferred.
Bilingual English/American Sign Language (ASL) required.
- Under clinical supervision, provides direct clinical and related therapeutic services to clients and/or their families documented on a progress note in timely manner per contract compliance.
- Gathering client's history, assessing the needs of clients, formulating psychosocial diagnosis, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment such as individual, family and group therapy; client advocacy, outreach, liaison services; supportive counseling and crisis intervention documented on a service plan completed in timely manner.
- Advocating for clients including court accompaniment, court translations, and supporting clients to successfully navigate the criminal and civil legal process or to ensure satisfactory placement of a child in a permanent, stable home setting, or foster care.
- Complies with productivity standards of the Agency and maintains an appropriate caseload to reach the weekly expectation of client contact and billable hours; maintains timely and appropriate case/progress notes per contractual standards.
- Participates in treatment team meetings (both internally and externally) to formulate psychosocial diagnosis and treatment plans that include individual, group/family therapy, and case management services.
- Participates in clinical supervision by coming prepared to discuss casework, accepts constructive feedback and puts feedback into clinical practice with clients.
- Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with child(ren), families, and community; works effectively within the Agency and social work community at large.
- MFTI or ASW with current California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration required.
- LMFT or LCSW highly preferred.
- Bilingual English/American Sign Language (ASL) required.
- Previous employment experience with children and families and working knowledge of the family patterns, child-rearing practices, special needs, traditions and values of the ethnic and cultural groups served by the program.
- Working knowledge of community resources that address the special needs of the client base.
- Current California Driver License, a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier, and availability of a personal car with appropriate insurance which employee is willing to use for all Agency business, if needed; adhering to federal motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and WELLIGENT software for program notes.
Location: Pasadena, CA
FIVE ACRES - THE BOYS' AND GIRLS' AID SOCIETY OF LOS ANGELES COUNTY