IT Engineer (Redding, CA)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Director of Managed Services and Senior Principal Engineer
Location: Redding, CA
Our culture is performance-oriented, goals driven, collaborative and fun. Our Engineers work together on all levels of challenges across dozens of clients, which provides each engineer full exposure to different environments and projects. We offer an industry leading salary that is based on experience and generous benefits including health, dental, and vision.
ABOUT FIT SOLUTIONS
FIT Solutions is an innovative national IT Services firm, and we are growing every day. We are focused on creating a culture of elite raving fans for our employees that solves business problems for our clients. We are on a mission to impact the lives touched by technology. We teach and promote individuals to set and achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Measuring results against best-in-class businesses, we are focused on hitting targets. We are a humble and adaptable group of people who continue to train, and role play daily in pursuit of our goals. We are a great fit for team members that are aligned and thrive in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Streamline clients through consultation and strategic technology planning
- Expand existing relationships through proactive engineering consulting and problem-solving.
- Clearly and succinctly consult on all technical levels with decision makers.
- Deliver Best in Class customer service to uphold raving fan culture
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical problems both onsite and remote
- Provide technology consultation, leadership, and guidance to clients in multiple industries.
- Develop technology roadmap based on business goals
- Manage, review and oversee IT initiatives and special projects
- Manage and review ongoing client IT initiatives
- Design and prepare quotes for technology solutions, adhering to the client’s budget
- Install, configure and maintain network elements, computer systems and other related equipment
- Document daily work through ConnectWise ticketing system
- Participate in the on-call rotation with team
- Provide desk engineer services
- Perform sales engineering by designing solutions and technology business plans for clients
- Perform vCIO tasks for assigned clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Self-starter and be able to work independently
- Must have excellent high-level engineering skills
- Customer oriented, solid business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of performance against goals year over year
- Knowledge of IT best practices and ability to use best judgement to service clients’ needs
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, with all levels of internal and external professionals, especially professionals with non-technical understanding
- Adaptability in various business cultures and environments
- Strong relationship building skills with customers and business partners
Qualifications Include but are not limited to
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Cloud Solutions (Azure, AWS)
- Active Directory
- Desktop support and user support
- Windows Client Operating Systems (Window 7, 10)
- PSA or RMM experience
- Certifications: MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CCNA, Security+ VCP (recent certification or recertification)
FIT Solutions has your back, and is proud to offer a rich benefit package to our employees, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (premiums paid up to 99% for employee coverage)
- Options include, PPO, HDHP, HMO and ACO
- Multiple carrier options
- FSA (dependent and medical), HSA options (for qualified plans) and supplemental insurance options
- $10,000 employer-paid Life Insurance & AD&D (employees have the option to buy up)
- Paid holidays
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible “hybrid” work environment
- Retirement plan (401K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional training & development opportunities
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time standing, speaking, walking, driving, and/or sitting
- Requires ability to occasionally lift to 25lbs
- Position may require travel: Up to 50% of the time to client sites
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate process equipment; lifting 25 pounds, bending and stooping; lifting computers; running network cables; connecting and testing networking; traveling to client sites; and walking and carrying devices on stairs and crawl spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may be exposed to heat, cold, sharp edges, metal racks, high voltage outlets, and normal electrical cabling in the office and closet environments.
FIT Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
Get fresh Director of Software Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.