Position TypeFull time-Regular
Type of Hire
Education DesiredBachelor of Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Strategy and Transformation team is part of the FIS Banking Solutions Technology Development (Software Engineering) organization and leads the delivery of large scale projects that support business growth activities, drive efficiency, enhance the control environment, foster continuous process improvement and implement new technologies. The Data Analytics & Business Intelligence group is responsible for defining the data science/analytics technology direction to support the mission of the organization becoming a data-driven organization. This position plays a strategic role in enhancing our ability to make decisions, through trend analysis, modeling scenarios, building and managing data collection and onboarding, cross-channel data integration, data visualization, dashboards, predictive analytics, and data mining.
What you will be doing
The candidate will be responsible for the ongoing strategic development of the Data Analytics & Business Intelligence group capabilities. This candidate will help to:
- Drive the strategy and organization of data analytics and business intelligence efforts to ensure alignment with organizational vision, mission and strategy
- Collaborate with Technology Development leadership & organizational stakeholders to design as well as implement reporting and analytics capabilities. This encompasses all phases - development, quality assurance, deployment and post-production of the data platform/reporting and development future roadmap projects
- Advises business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities
- Actively participate in the design, development, ongoing maintenance and enhancements of complex BI Dashboards, Reports, Queries, and integrated applications
- Analyze and share results with users to ensure content meets business requirements; and train users to facilitate adoption and understanding of BI reports and tools
- Collaborates and interfaces with developers and operations owners to establish project parameters and requirements, document design solutions, and maintain up to date technical resources.Write, maintain and edit data flow diagrams to be used as reference when conducting QA for migrations, system upgrades, and change requests.
- Act as a people leader, from building a collaborative team that possesses balanced capabilities to holding the team members accountable individually and as a group for results, as well as to create a motivating team environment.
What you bring:
- Experienced Business Intelligence manager with demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry for 5-10+ years of BI experience in Data Visualization, Reporting platforms.
- Business Intelligence Analytics experience and Certifications in BI analytics applications (PowerBI, Tableau, SAS, SAP, R, MicroStrategy) preferred
- Data Science background (Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse environments, Analytic/Reporting tools, MS SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, DevOps, Agile)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
- Proven abilities in delivering successful end to end reporting projects and bringing organizational change in large companies through automated reporting dashboards and other data visualization tools
- Intellectual curiosity, inclination for independent and self-directed work, and attention to detail
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving capabilities; uses innovative thinking to identify new/different solutions; looks beyond immediate problem for wider implications and determines best path forward
- Experienced, technical, and motivated problem solver; capable of understanding complex relationships and converting those to technical requirements
- Demonstrated skill in managing large complex, global projects/programs involving cross-functional teams
- Ability to conceptualize business issues and derivers, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for change
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, illustrative, data visualization, and presentation. Flexibility to interact with internal business customers, technical peers, management, and vendors on diverse topics.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and more
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any rela