Working at First Merchants is more than a job. We're a community bank with local roots and we care about our customers and our employees. When you join our team, you participate in our mission to build financial solutions, provide sound advice and products, and deliver exceptional service.
Our focus on building individual career development plans and providing robust learning and development programs are additional reasons to join the First Merchants team.
If you're ready to join a local organization that is a leader in the community, take a look at our exciting opportunities. First Merchants is a growing company with new career possibilities forming every day.
As a Part-time Service Associate you will enjoy and be available for flexible working hours, competitive pay and the benefit of working in a supportive team environment. This position allows you to be a valued part of our Retail Banking Team while interacting with our clients and offering beneficial financial services. As a Part-time Service Associate you will:
- Proactively build rapport with clients by engaging them in conversations.
- Ask questions to identify clients' financial needs and goals.
- Consult clients on building a more secure financial future by matching individual needs to First Merchants' products and services.
- Complete routine banking transactions in a supportive team environment.
- Provide dependable service thereby enhancing client loyalty.
- Display patience when interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Complete client transactions accurately according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate balancing of cash drawer.
First Merchants offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan. As a member of our team you will enjoy:
- Individual and team performance bonuses
- Tuition assistance (employees working over 20 hours/week)
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off (employees working over 20 hours/week)
- Paid holidays (employees working over 20 hours/week)
- Free premium checking account with a variety of great benefits
Execute on individual sales and service metrics to help the banking center achieve the strategic and tactical plans of the company. Provide high quality customer service by accurately and efficiently completing bank transactions while mitigating risk by following operational procedures as well as identifying products and services to meet the current and future financial needs of bank customers. Exceed personal production goals while delivering a meaningful customer experience.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general management of the Banking Center Manager or Banking Center Customer Service Manager depending on work location
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide high quality customer service within the banking center.
- Respond to customer requests of everyday monetary banking transactions and process these according to regulations, bank policies and procedures in an accurate and timely manner i.e. cashing checks, deposits, loan payments, change orders and night deposits.
- Accept payments for various types of loans.
- Process non-monetary requests and transactions for customers i.e. stop payments, revocations, address changes, money orders, cashier's checks, debit cards, check and deposit slip orders within scope of authority.
- Mitigate customer attrition by working with the Banking Center Management team to process customer requests to close checking and savings accounts.
- Resolve customer inquiries and problems within scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide financial solutions to meet the customer's current needs.
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to continually build customer loyalty and customer advocates.
2. Contribute to overall banking center operation.
- Balance cash, daily transactions, TCR, vault and ATM.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, etc.
- Comply with information security policy and customer verification procedures to protect customer privacy.
- Adhere to and participate in completing the branch daily security checklist. Assist with opening and closing banking center.
3. Actively participate in a high performing sales environment by seeking opportunities to cross-sell bank products, make customer referrals in response to identified customer needs and other activities to support the retail scorecard goals.
- Utilize the HUB to proactively recommend prompted products and service to the customer.
- Proactively participate in teleconsulting activities to drive business results.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and support the whole bank by making partner referrals.
- Exceed individual sales goals and actively participate to help the banking center exceed scorecard goals.
- Fully engage in the sales management process, including but not limited to daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
4. Adhere to the policies and procedures in the Banking Center Manual.
5. Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
6. High performing individuals may serve as a Banking Center Mentor.
7. Open new accounts while training for advancement opportunities or serving as a backup role in the banking center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that