- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Finance and Accounting and will be responsible for a variety of key initiatives including the implementation of new enterprise-wide financial system including general ledger, budgeting, contract management and procurement systems. The Senior Accountant will also assist the Controller and be responsible for recording and tracking publishing activities, assist in preparation for external audits and the budgeting process, and preparation of account analysis as needed. They will also assist in preparation of FAF Trustee-related materials, provide ad-hoc reporting, data and financial analytic assistance to all organizational departments and assist with other initiatives. This position must ensure that proper financial controls exist and are continually observed.Position Responsibilities:
- At direction of the Director of Finance and Accounting, assist with the implementation of the general ledger/budgeting systems and automation of related contract, purchasing and invoice approval processes, including:
- Assess current state capabilities (process, data, and technology) and map the gaps between the current state and the desired future state;
- Work with vendors, consultants, and internal stakeholders to deliver successful implementation and integration of solutions;
- Restructure chart of accounts to meet the demands of internal and external reporting and best practices; and
- Play a key role to reengineer the financial processes and controls around the systems.
- Responsible for publishing related activities including invoicing, tracking, and reporting on licensing revenue and performing periodic reviews of licensee data.
- Responsible for various assigned account analysis, support month end close process, journal entry preparation and other accounting functions.
- Assist with preparation of FAF Trustee meeting materials and provide Ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis supporting the various functions or in support of initiatives.
- Assist with the external audits (including benefit plans) and IRS Form 990 preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, including assisting various departments with information requests and analysis where needed.
- Proactively identify opportunities and generate ideas for process/policy/system improvements.
- Provide support for payroll and accounts payable processing and review.
Experience in continuous improvement initiatives and strong project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities with ability to meet reasonable deadlines
- 5-7 years’ experience, Big 4 preferred
- Demonstrate solid accounting technical skills, ability to analyze transactions, and appropriate application of GAAP
- Ability to think strategically, challenge norms, and bring best practices insights
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with others internally and externally
- Minimum 4 Year College Degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Proficient with MS Windows environment and Microsoft Excel (pivots and v-lookups), Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
The FAF is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The FAF strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, military service, mental or learning disability or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. All Employees are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOUNDATION
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?