- Posted: over a month ago
About the Company
Fil-Tec Inc. is a technical fiber company manufacturing innovative products in Washington County Md. and Franklin County Pa. Fil-Tec has been innovating the fibers of your home, work and play for over 40 years.
Our cable and fiber optic technical yarns help deliver electricity, internet and mobile phone service to people and businesses worldwide. Inside your home, our specialty sewing threads can be found in your sofa, mattress and comforter.
Such technical sewing threads are also critical components to outdoor cushions, awnings and boat covers as well as backpacks, tents and parachutes vital to our US Military.
You will find our embroidery threads decorating your favorite shirt or hat and our quilting threads helping to create beautiful fabric art. At night, our wicks illuminate the candles in your home.
Our specialty filtration products are critical components to the systems that clean and protect our environment and you depend on our high temperature materials in the furnaces that keep you warm. Fil-Tec, committed to improving the fibers of your life.
General Job Description:
This role supports the accounting and purchasing departments. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, report generation and analysis, payroll processing, and ensuring data integrity. The position would report directly to the VP of Finance and have a dotted line to the VP of Purchasing.
Duties and Resposibilites:
- Cash receipts posting, reporting and updating AR list.
- Receiving goods into the ERP system and comparing against the purchase order.
- Enter vendor invoices.
- Post G/L transactions.
- Process and record COA's.
- Process payroll.
- Verify employee insurance bills.
- Employee tracking reports.
- Ability to analyze and properly code freight charges and vendor bills.
- Resolve cost issues with vendor bills.
- Expense tracking
- Export report analysis
- Product costing/finished goods roll-up
- Assist with month and year-end inventory data entry.
- Provide assistance to purchasing when needed, including running weekly or bi-weekly MPS reports for all required divisions.
Required candidate qualifications:
- Education: AA degree in accounting or bookkeeping certification.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel skills Strong with Microsoft applications ( Sharepoint, Access, Excel, Word, TEAMS, etc.)
- Ability to stay focused and multi-task for long periods of time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?