Job Description Summary
The registered nurse provides skilled nursing services at patient's homes or at assisted living facilities.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Regularly re-evaluate patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Maintains a current CPR certification
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile Home Health is insured in accordance with organization requirements and in good working order.
- Minimum of one year experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.